GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Does your car rattle or squeak?

r56mcs

Ready to race!
My garage door opener on the visor rattles... I will take it apart and fix it today.

edit: fixed. Piece of foam between the circuit board and the unused switches fixed the rattle.

Last edited:

Keithuk

Go Kart Champion
It appears that some Golf owner my develop a squeek from behind the dash which ceases if you turn the heater to hot. This is a problem from another forum.

Now I don't know if its connected but VW do a mod and you can download the details from a German site which is a doc file in German. I've downloaded it for reference and I've used Babelfish to do a German to English conversion.

Golf 6 vehicles the possibility exists that with the meeting of unfavourable tolerances when assembling the floor space outlet on the driver's side can possibly separate from the connection of the heater box. Thus the driver floor space can be supplied noticeably less or not at all with warm air.

It appears they use a special cable strap and a new action sticker in the boot. Remachining floor space outlet driver's side link steering wheel.

I can't post the link to this German site or the other forum unless you join but if anyone is interested in this fault then let me know and I'll post the English translation. ;)

bitbckt

Passed Driver's Ed
Rattles and squeaks coming from both B-pillars, here. 4-door with about 1300 miles. My 90 day is in a few weeks.

s2kguy

Ready to race!
I've had a 4 dr GTI for over 3 months and 3000 miles. Zero squeaks or rattles. Tight as a drum. Quiet to drive and puts my wife's Acura TSX to shame. A real winner so far.

Sure wish I'd not seen this post. As of yesterday a very annoying rattle or buzz began from the passenger side or glove box area. I reshut everything to no avail. Then...today I slammed on the brakes hard at 45 mph to keep from hitting a squirrel running across the road... and the rattle disappeared. Kharma?? So far the rattle is silent... and the squirrel's OK, too..

wutsupdoc1

Ready to race!
Sure wish I'd not seen this post. As of yesterday a very annoying rattle or buzz began from the passenger side or glove box area. I reshut everything to no avail. Then...today I slammed on the brakes hard at 45 mph to keep from hitting a squirrel running across the road... and the rattle disappeared. Kharma?? So far the rattle is silent... and the squirrel's OK, too..

I know this thread is old, but my experience has always been that the more you read about rattles the louder they get in your car :dnftt:

The best way to make your car stop rattling is to stop listening for it :thumbsup:

Snoopy1

Ready to race!
3 of my doors really rattle.

Sunshade on the sunroof rattles when pushed back.

Rattle behind speedo on certain road surfaces.

waste gate rod rattle.

Ohiogti

Ready to race!
Has anyone with the rattle from the pillar area on both doors had vw look at this and fix? If so what did they do. My driver side pillar area rattles and it drives me crazy since it's right next to my head. I thought it might have been the seatbelt but after adjusting it still didn't help.

SwiftGTI

Go Kart Champion
Three rattles here: one from the center console, one from the sunroof, and one from the driver side door.

Stocktastic1

Go Kart Champion
Every sport tuned car is going to rattle over a period of time.

These cars are rather stiff, bumps tend to be harsh.

I've got 3 rattles...

Hatch. Door Seals.

Somewhere in the left front of the dash, only on a particular road at a certain time. It's odd.

nj82tj

Passed Driver's Ed
around 15k miles my GTI developed a squeaky driver seat. It was in the back rest behind my left shoulder. It's in the shop right now to get fixed.

SwiftGTI

Go Kart Champion
Every sport tuned car is going to rattle over a period of time.

These cars are rather stiff, bumps tend to be harsh.

Not sure I buy this. I used to have an RSX that was rattle-free, even after adding stiff coilovers and after 80k miles on the clock.