GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI action figure?

0cMk6

Passed Driver's Ed
hi guys

wasnt sure where to ask this so i put it in the cosmedics forum... i wanted to ask where i can find the little action figure guy that some of the members have? not sure what it would be called.. but the action figure im referring to comes out on some of the GTI commercials.. its the small black figurine? TIA.

LittleJohny

Go Kart Champion
that would be "Fast" you can find em on ebay but otherwise dealerships only gave them away when someone bought a new mk5.

I thought they came from VW, not the dealerships?

Mine came from VW in the mail.

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
With the first MK5 GTI's sold VW sent owners a "Fast" If you look the smile is the MK5 grill, and the eyes are the MK5 headlights. Originally you couldn't buy them, now they are a dime a dozen and you can buy them new through VW Drivegear.

jdelcas11

Passed Driver's Ed
My Fast likes to show off...

LittleJohny

Go Kart Champion
I got a fast with my 2007 GTI in the mail. Didn't get one with the 2010.

Only Canadians got them with a mk6.

And yes they are just left-overs from the mk5 marketing.

DJEuphoria

Go Kart Champion
My mistake, I assumed dealerships were giving them away. Yeah they go for around $50 usually on eBay. A little too much for a paperweight if you ask me, but they're a cool little collectors item I suppose. Does drivergear really sell em now?

Lodi

Go Kart Champion
I saw them not too long ago on the DriverGear website. Haven't actually ordered one, but they are there if you look...I'll see if I can find the link...

floridabartaker

Passed Driver's Ed
On a totally unrelated note (since we're talking about action figures, I guess it might be appropriate), I have a little Yoda bobble head I want to put on my dash - does anyone have anything they can recommend to glue it? I was thinking just plain double sided sticky foamy tape, but I wonder whether it would be too much of a pain to clean it up later.