GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I miss stick shift.. #coolstorybro

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
i havent drove the dsg, since i drive thru the rush hour almost every morning i always think to my self i should've got a dsg... i always wanna drive one to see how it like, i have drove my moms f10 535i and i love her steptronic auto(almost similar to dsg with gear changes imo), could be useful in traffic if i can accelerate fast to reach for the next light, unlike my manual when i have to spin the wheels a bit even if i give almost foot to floor in 1st gear, its fun expect the fact that ill have to change front tires more frequently lol never the less it is hard for me to leave manual, and still love it after blasting onto the open road

mk6-k

Ready to race!
I've always had manual transmissions, this is my 3rd GTI and it's been the easiest to drive.

hvltg

Ready to race!
Wanted manual but had a hard time finding 4 CW Autobahn in manual.
Ended up with DSG.
It's a lot of fun.. always power couple clicks away.
like a fukn video game!

ohsnapzombies

Ready to race!
I don't miss it too much. DSG is fun to shift around when i feel like it, power with a couple hand movements and don't have to worry about stomping on a clutch....

When i do feel like driving stick, i run to my dad's and grab the old 91 CRX SI sitting in his garage. B16, stock outside, and no power steering. Yea.....makes me appreciate DSG.

rblgti

Go Kart Champion
I love my MT, but it does suck in traffic. Not as much as I thought it would, but I still curse myself sometimes for getting the 6MT over the DSG when I'm sitting in the stop-and-go stuff. Especially at 6am lol

Also, the constant paranoia of the clutch slipping after my Stage 1 is definitely annoying my service guy. I'm just waiting for something to break ....
#stillgettingovermk4life

ATC2

Ready to race!
The more I drive around with my DSG, the more I wish I had gotten stick. Tiptronic is fun, but it's nothing like a manual..anyone else feelin' this heartache?

I agree I feel the same at times but I'm coping, especially when stuck in traffic jams then it's all good. Also this DSG can shift like a Mthr fkr when needed. But yeah I know what you mean... it's funny some time I will even get the sensation to shift. Try using the manual mode or paddles if you have them more often, I do this some times just to "scratch the itch"

JonRoth

Ready to race!
I agree I feel the same at times but I'm coping, especially when stuck in traffic jams then it's all good. Also this DSG can shift like a Mthr fkr when needed. But yeah I know what you mean... it's funny some time I will even get the sensation to shift. Try using the manual mode or paddles if you have them more often, I do this some times just to "scratch the itch"

I only use M mode..haha. I hate driving in D it's infuriating.

forwardlean

Go Kart Champion
you have DSG in tiguans in the US?

My wife's Tiggy is just getting broken in. This thing would be reawesomulous with a dsg. The options in Europe are so great. I would have paid 5k more for it if we got the tdi dsg. It's a way underrated car IMO.

Govi

Passed Driver's Ed
Bought a DSG.... Everytime I hit traffic I yell "HELL YA"

Goddess, yes! I've been stuck in terrible stop-and-go traffic for so long that my left leg began to quiver on the clutch pedal--a school bus, literally. I love manuals--I drove one for many years--but they are nightmares on California highway 17 if something goes wrong ahead and traffic is stop-and-go uphill for 5 miles.

Zib

Passed Driver's Ed
I guess I'm lucky since I have a 6 spd sitting in the garage. Yesterday I took it out for a 40 mile run to visit a friend. I love the DSG with its instant, precise shifts, right now speed (APR stage 1), economy, and ease of operation especially in traffic. But, driving the stick(shift) on a country road makes a jaunt just that more visceral. To borrow from Clarkson, it's the difference between listening to a song on your iPod and listening to the band live.

Texag

Passed Driver's Ed
My clutch started slipping at 5k. I wish I could go back and buy a DSG, even if I would've had to go down to a base model to afford it. Hopefully the SB stage 3 disk fixes it, if not I'm pretty much screwed.

QUEDRO

Ready to race!
I miss the 3rd pedal any time I drive outside my normal work-home commute which is roughly 4-5 times a week, but 10 time a week I am happy with dsg. DSG wins so far..

Blainestang

The DSG is a great transmission, no doubt. It's probably faster than a manual around a racetrack and in a straight line, too. BUT, whenever I drive the DSG GTI, I think it would be more fun and engaging with the manual.