GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Coolent light came on.

mk6cruzen

Ready to race!
My low coolent light just came on. Where and what coolent can I buy locally from Autozone or other to top off the low level?

...Sent from my phone with typos...

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
You need VW specific coolant. VW dealer only. Your car is a 2012... dealer should top it off for free.

Hart

Ready to race!
My low coolent light just came on. Where and what coolent can I buy locally from Autozone or other to top off the low level?

Do not mix different coolant with VW coolant. Take it to service, they'll do it for free.

mk6cruzen

Ready to race!
Thanks, dealer isn't open till Monday, so that's not much help for me right now.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Thanks, dealer isn't open till Monday, so that's not much help for me right now.

Well how low are you? In either case its probably not a good idea to drive the car since the coolant went somewhere... so if you add more who is to say that It won't leak out.

Killswitch24

Ready to race!
Just use water (or distilled as some suggest) if you are in a pinch.

mk6cruzen

Ready to race!
I managed to find some G12 at Napa Auto Parts and picked up some distilled water. No visable leaks, so I will top it off and take her in Monday. Can't say I am happy. Only 6500 miles on the car.

mk6cruzen

Ready to race!
That's what I have been reading. I just added 2 cups of 50/50 ratio on a cold engine and now the level is reading 1/8th inch below the max line. I would say I lost at least a cup, because it was low on delivery and I just never did anything about it, since I planned to take it in for service on the 12th. Anyway, I plan to drop it off Monday morning for a pressure check.

After all the reading, it seems like most have had a slow leak. I wonder if its evaporating. We've had some very hot weather down here in Texas. Finally a good cold front came threw today.