GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2012 Golf R Pricing

carlos33018

Ready to race!
So called a stealership a few minutes ago and they have a few 2012 golf R's left in stock. In particular they have a blue 4 door with navigation which really caught my eye. They also have about 12 2013 R's so the question is this, how much do you think or would expect them to discount their current inventory of golf 2012 R's considering they have a few 13's already in stock. Thanks for your input, I really appreciate it.

0cMk6

Passed Driver's Ed
I just stopped by a dealership and right off the back the sales guy told me if i was serious he would be willing to go below invoice. My question is are edmunds.com invoice pricing accurate? edmunds listed invoice pricing at $34,649? something like this for a 4 door with nav and sunroof golf r. I also would like to know what invoice price really is...

the sales guy kept reiterating that the golf r is an "exclusive" car (tactic to keep value of car so that a potential buyer feels that he has little room to work with) and that these cars have a very high demand.

honestly, around this time i believe dealers really cant charge a mark up or wont... they will most likely try to get msrp but if your serious enough i think you can get a little below invoice now..

if there is anyone on this forum that works at a dealer? or knows more info I would also like to know what invoice price really is. tia.

TimS

Go Kart Newbie
the sales guy kept reiterating that the golf r is an "exclusive" car (tactic to keep value of car so that a potential buyer feels that he has little room to work with) and that these cars have a very high demand.
I got that line a few times, too, but it's tough to justify when they have a dozen of them on the lot, and still have one of last year's models.

That said, I paid $31,900 for my 2012 4 door earlier this month.

carlos33018

Ready to race!
Well, I also noticed their site had a pre - owned one as well which is interesting. The car I'm interested in is a 2012 2 door no navigation Golf R *NEW*. I have a 2010 GTi with roof, xenons and 18's (Excellent condition) and apparently they have 0 percent at 60 months in the 2012's.

Here is the deal I'm looking to get :
0 percent 60 months
30,000 for the Golf R
17500 for current GTi
Plus tax and tag

Let me know if this is a good deal or if you think they can do better. Thanks

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
they will go to 30k flat on the R, with or without destination? how many miles on your 2010, that value seems low.

Jaxper

Go Kart Champion
VW requires a really high credit score to qualify for 0%. 740 didn't make the cut.

My dad offered to co-sign on mine just so I would qualify for the 0% even though I'm making all the payments.

Related to the pricing, you may be able to get the R for a bit less/a bit more for your GTI. Try going to different dealers to get their estimates for your GTI and then see if the current dealer can match it if you get higher.

carlos33018

Ready to race!
My dad offered to co-sign on mine just so I would qualify for the 0% even though I'm making all the payments.

Related to the pricing, you may be able to get the R for a bit less/a bit more for your GTI. Try going to different dealers to get their estimates for your GTI and then see if the current dealer can match it if you get higher.

Did you get yours recently ? if so how much did you get it for ? Currently my GTi is financed through VW at .9 percent.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
My GTI currently has 30k. I'm thinking without destination, what do you suggest ?

What does www.nada.com say for your trade-in value? you should get higher than that, I'd think.

R pricing - if BRAND new, I doubt they would go that low, regardless of destination or not. See what www.edmunds.com has for "invoice" / true pricing in your area.

Jaxper

Go Kart Champion
Did you get yours recently ? if so how much did you get it for ? Currently my GTi is financed through VW at .9 percent.

I didn't really haggle much for mine since they had to do a pickup from NH to get it since no dealer in CT had the color and convenience package together that I wanted and the 2013s weren't out yet. I got mine back at the end of May for around $28k, OTD.

carlos33018

Ready to race!
I didn't really haggle much for mine since they had to do a pickup from NH to get it since no dealer in CT had the color and convenience package together that I wanted and the 2013s weren't out yet. I got mine back at the end of May for around $28k, OTD.

Wao, thats a really good price, how well was the car equipped ? Were there any incentives ? What was your negotiation strategy because 28k OTD is excellent. I really appreciate your advice, I'm going to pass by the dealer this afternoon. Thanks. Remember I'm looking at a 2012 No nav 2 door , new.

eduardot

Ready to race!
Wao, thats a really good price, how well was the car equipped ? Were there any incentives ? What was your negotiation strategy because 28k OTD is excellent. I really appreciate your advice, I'm going to pass by the dealer this afternoon. Thanks. Remember I'm looking at a 2012 No nav 2 door , new.

He has a GTI not an R

Jaxper

Go Kart Champion

He has a GTI not an R

Sorry, didn't think to specify. I have a GTI as eduardot pointed out.

0cMk6

Passed Driver's Ed
I got that line a few times, too, but it's tough to justify when they have a dozen of them on the lot, and still have one of last year's models.

That said, I paid $31,900 for my 2012 4 door earlier this month.

$31,900 OTD? or before TTL? Damn thats a smoking deal.. i dont think im going to be able to get a deal like that in SOCAL.