GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Push Start Problems?

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
This has happened multiple times where I will Press and Hold the start button the car will start die out then restart itself with my foot on the brake. The only mods I have on the car are VagCom mods and I doubt that is the cause. This is about the 6th time I've had this issue. Worth bringing it into the dealer for them to tinker with and possibly make worse?

I should mention I always start the car the same way. I am not letting go of the button to early.

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
Sadly it's kinda normal, kessey is fuckin horrible and inconsistent, it also happens to be the reason I did not buy a Autobahn.

CFG9000

Ready to race!
It's because you're holding the button, which is confusing the input. I made that mistake the first few weeks I had mine.

Foot on brake and *push* not hold.

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
It's because you're holding the button, which is confusing the input. I made that mistake the first few weeks I had mine.

Foot on brake and *push* not hold.

I know how to use push start :laugh: I turn it on the same every time. Like DBESTGTi said I guess its an unfortunate problem with Kessey.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
i used to have that issue and sometimes noticed that i almost press the clutch completely in, i think its normal

CFG9000

Ready to race!
I know how to use push start :laugh: I turn it on the same every time. Like DBESTGTi said I guess its an unfortunate problem with Kessey.

Quite clearly you don't:

This has happened multiple times where I will Press and Hold the start button

I have the same problem. I have a manual GTI with Kessy.

I dont know about auto, but for manual you dont just "PUSH" the button. I gotta depress the clutch then push and hold the button till it starts.

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
Quite clearly you don't:

So you're telling me that the car was able to magically start perfectly fine the other 95% of the time?

I won't study who's right or wrong but, it doesn't make sense that the way I've been doing it for over half a year doesn't work on a couple occasions.

Last edited:

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
I have the same problem. I have a manual GTI with Kessy.

I dont know about auto, but for manual you dont just "PUSH" the button. I gotta depress the clutch then push and hold the button till it starts.

We hold the brake and keep the button pressed till the car starts.

CFG9000

Ready to race!
We hold the brake and keep the button pressed till the car starts.

Not sure why you aren't listening. I had this *EXACT SAME PROBLEM* until I stopped holding it. Every now and then, it would start and then kill itself. For DSGs, just have your foot on the brake and give the button a tap. I'm reaching for my lights and HVAC controls by the time my engine finishes starting. Have never had a cut-out since I stopped holding the button.

Not sure why you aren't listening. I had this *EXACT SAME PROBLEM* until I stopped holding it. Every now and then, it would start and then kill itself. For DSGs, just have your foot on the brake and give the button a tap. I'm reaching for my lights and HVAC controls by the time my engine finishes starting. Have never had a cut-out since I stopped holding the button.

see, for manual, if i just press the button for 1sec, it would not start. It was crank then dies.. I need to press it and hold it till it fully starts, exactly the same as starting a car with your keys, except you dont have the key and you have a button.

BAM its mitch

Go Kart Champion

He probably isn't listening because you are wrong. Not about starting your car, but about starting his. Not all cars are the same. I'm not sure why some are different, but certain cars you can tap to start and others you have to hold. I think it may be CCTA vs. CBFA ?

Anyway, I also have to hold mine to start it.

AlfaMikeF0xtr0t

Ready to race!
I have to hold mine as well. Tried to just do a quick push when I first bought the car, salesman said I have to hold it until it starts.

I've had it start and shut off right away only a few times. It was usually because I started to let off the brake just a hair too early because I thought it was fully started up.

What I do now it turn the car on, without holding the brake (like the ACC function). Then I'll actually hold the brake and push and hold to start the car.

bburns36

Ready to race!
:laugh: Heh, saw this thread title and was like, why are they trying to push start it?...