GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ruined motor at 4,000 miles

hurdy

Go Kart Champion
I'd like to know how she managed to shift into 1st!!!

It's either straight up to 3rd or to the right for 5th.

toby83404

Now that's a parts list.......any guesstimate for the cost of an installed stage 4??????

Thanks for the post......that took some time.....a lot of good information......

Thanks again

KOA789

Go Kart Champion
I'd like to know how she managed to shift into 1st!!!

It's either straight up to 3rd or to the right for 5th.

...or slightly to the left for 1st...just like some people go inadvertently into 5th, is it really that hard to imagine going to the left into 1st instead?

ian dummy

Ready to race!
That is there to protect over revving the engine... But nothing will protect you from a mechanical over rev which is what this case is...

exactly. she probably had some valve float and trashed the pistons not to mention bent some valves and did all kinds of other fun stuff to the engine.

sorry to hear, man, but it's all on your wife. unfortunately, warranties don't cover mechanical over-rev's by significant others...

GOBbluth

Ready to race!
Simply put, no matter who your insurance company, your policy doesn't cover breakdowns due to mechanical misuse or abuse. Period. If you don't believe me, read the fine print of your own policy or contact your insurance company yourself.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354843871.931195.jpg

freedomgli

Passed Driver's Ed
Nice try, but no. What you've shown is an excerpt of a policy summary, not the actual policy details. And what that summary appears to say is that insurance policy includes no-charge roadside assistance (aka towing) or rental coverage in the event of a mechanical breakdown. I cannot believe it covers vehicle repairs in the event of a mechanical breakdown.

Last edited:

GOBbluth

Ready to race!
Nice try, but no. What you've shown is an excerpt of a policy summary, not the actual policy details. And what that summary appears to say is that insurance policy includes no-charge roadside assistance (aka towing) or rental coverage in the event of a mechanical breakdown. I cannot believe it covers vehicle repairs in the event of a mechanical breakdown.

Just stop. Don't tell me what I'm posting. http://www.geico.com/claims/claimsprocess/understanding-mechanical-breakdown-claims/

I have geico and what I posted is precisely what I have and what I linked.

freedomgli

Passed Driver's Ed
Just stop. Don't tell me what I'm posting. http://www.geico.com/claims/claimsprocess/understanding-mechanical-breakdown-claims/

I have geico and what I posted is precisely what I have and what I linked.

Sorry, I am mistaken. This is the first I've heard of MBI coverage, which appears to be a rider to your policy. Most people don't have it and it may not be available in all states. Regardless, I still doubt they would cover a money shift. Once again, I say read your policy carefully, not just a summary of your coverage.

GEICO said:
*MBI Exclusions

Exclusions to this policy include regular maintenance services such as tune-ups, suspension alignment, wheel balancing, filters, lubrication, coolant and fluids, spark plugs, brake pads and linings, brake shoes, and tires. Also, breakdown repairs made necessary by intentional damage, corrosion, misuse, or improper maintenance are not covered. Mechanical Breakdown Insurance coverage is in excess of coverage provided by your manufacturer's warranty. Read the policy amendment for the complete terms and conditions of this coverage.

Good luck getting GEICO to pay for a money shift. They're one of the most shrewd insurance companies around.

GOBbluth

Ready to race!
Sorry, I am mistaken. This is the first I've heard of MBI coverage, which appears to be a rider to your policy. Most people don't have it and it may not be available in all states. Regardless, I still doubt they would cover a money shift. Once again, I say read your policy carefully, not just a summary of your coverage.

Good luck getting GEICO to pay for a money shift. They're one of the most shrewd insurance companies around.

That's a fair point. I bought it cuz I've had bad luck with extended warranties. I guess if its just like one, then no coverage. If its more of an insurance, then should cover some degree of negligence. And there's a little leeway in arguin the word misuse may cover negligence.

I'm not mechanically inclined, but when fighting big companies I do have the luxury of adding "NC Bar # xxxxx" under my name when I write them a letter. So I'd certainly at least argue that I intend on letting a court make the call.

Either way, point taken. I could see geicos first plan being declining coverage.

0cMk6

Passed Driver's Ed
wouldnt any insurance company be more inclined to deny any claim? I mean thats just what insurance companies do... they make u get coverage and when you need them they try to find anything they can to say, "oh this isnt covered" if i owned an insurance company id make this our mantra? juss sayin.

GOBbluth

Ready to race!
wouldnt any insurance company be more inclined to deny any claim? I mean thats just what insurance companies do... they make u get coverage and when you need them they try to find anything they can to say, "oh this isnt covered" if i owned an insurance company id make this our mantra? juss sayin.

Yes and no. And I have professional experience that makes me believe insurance cos are close to being closely affiliated with Satan.

That being said, most states have made a bad faith denial to result in such high damages, that their legal departments urge them to have policies that at least tip toe a line close to rationality.

So outright denials are very rare. And usually gone by the time you are talking to their attorney and not some clerk. When they do exist, then it's usually a gray area legally.

Their most frequent sin is low balling, trying to urge settlements before someone gets an attorney, and the like.

astro_zombies

Ready to race!
People may not agree buy really these are the small things in life..... Many of you have experienced real challenges. My wife is great and life will go on.....

good man