GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2012 MK6 GTI DSG "Build" Thread...

Askyou

Hey guys,

Just sold my "Stage 2" 2002 Subaru WRX, and ended up picking up a used 2012 MK6 GTI the day after! It is a 4 Dr with DSG transmission in base trim with 8,000 miles on it. I live in Fargo, ND where the weather is wonderfully cold. I was really anxious about selling my WRX with the snow we get up here, but so far the GTI has performed admirably with OEM all-seasons. Actually, the day after i brought it home we got about 8 inches of snow and i drove to work in it (not without some struggle). It definitely didn't accelerate as well as my WRX with dedicated winter tires, but i didn't expect it to. Hopefully some winter tires will aid in traction next winter.

I don't really have any plans to modify this car. The WRX i had developed some problems after going Stage 2 (downpipe and tune), and at that point i just didn't like where i was headed with the car ($$ wise). So as of right now, this car will stay stock. I also have a '96 Pontiac Firebird and '84 Honda VT500 (neither of which run right now).

And some pictures:

2002 WRX

2012 GTI

1996 Pontiac Firebird LT1

1984 Honda VT500 Ascot

Last edited: