GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gti vs FRS

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
To put things simply...

The owners of frs/brz will brag about how great their car is supposed to handle at the track, but will instead drive like hooligans on the streets. There is only a small fraction of owners that will actually track their cars. Just how we brag about our refinement and superior interior vs civic si's that brag about all motor n/a bro.

frs/brz has potential to look really nice with some minor exterior mods thats for sure. But its engine is pretty much maxed out for the time being even with bolt ons.

mmmmm.... There are some nice turbo kits out there for the FRS.... Not sure if any internals are required but I recall reading that 275whp ish is doable without any internals...

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
After sitting pretty at Tuner Galleria on Saturday, Mr.Woodford's FR-S hopped on the dyno Monday night to join the elite 500 club! Tuned by JrTuned the FR-S made 506whp and 401tq on our P&L Stage 1 Turbo Kit. Accompanied by a Competition Clutch to hold the power, this FR-S is a monster!

This car also uses Precision Turbo & Engine turbo, Prime Motoring flex fuel kit, and DeatschWerks injectors and fuel pump.

https://www.facebook.com/PandLMotorSports/posts/664652860247029

I have met the owner of this car - can't even imagine having that kind of power in the BRZ.

SwiftGTI

Go Kart Champion
Some stock internal FA20's have hit 400+ whp on pump, but unclear whether they will hold up beyond a few glory passes on the dyno and street. You'd want E85 or WMI realistically on a stock block for 400+ whp.

Recently, a stock block FA20 did 11.2 s @ 126 mph with 424 whp. Stock internals, stock trans, stock rear diff. P&L Motorsports Stage 1 Turbo Kit, on e76 blend, full weight car, slicks.

And the first FA20 powered FR-S hit 10's recently with 509 whp. 10.8 s @ 128 mph. Built Full Blown block, FBM Stage 1 w/upgraded turbo, slicks, etc.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58130

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
Some stock internal FA20's have hit 400+ whp on pump, but unclear whether they will hold up beyond a few glory passes on the dyno and street. You'd want E85 or WMI realistically on a stock block for 400+ whp.

Yeah I'd just want to slap on a turbo kit, some real wheels/tires/brakes, and go fast on pump gas. E85 availability/economy sucks and WMI is a pain in the ass and illegal in a lot of racing events. That shit is not for a competitive daily driver, it's for a show-off track/dyno car.

SwiftGTI

Go Kart Champion
Yeah I'd just want to slap on a turbo kit, some real wheels/tires/brakes, and go fast on pump gas. E85 availability/economy sucks and WMI is a pain in the ass and illegal in a lot of racing events. That shit is not for a competitive daily driver, it's for a show-off track/dyno car.

Probably best to wait and see for that much power. Some owners have been crazy enough to dial up the boost and get 400 whp on pump on a stock block, but I highly doubt their engines will hold up to track abuse.

If you don't have access to E85, this might not be the car for you given the 12.5:1 static CR. There are a couple of stock block cars that have competed/won track events with 400 whp, but they're all using E85 and probably for good reason.

rquinn19

Ready to race!
Yeah 7 stations in the state = not feasible for daily driving.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Not true. Every station on the turnpike for one has E85...state cars use it. The E85 map isn't always correct. I knew in Philly there's a station or two, but you'd have to ask around....not always on that E85 map

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Just seen 2 frs/brz...at first i thought they were really good looking cars. Now with the prius tires and lack of sharp angles they strike me as a rwd scion tc imo. Additionally, the customer base is all over the place..so far from what ive seen its 60% +40 males, 30% women and 10% tuners.