GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

$210 to install a $600 APR tune?

RB06

Ready to race!
go to alex's autohaus. When i lived there that is where i got my mkv flashed and the total was 7 somthing.

dasVW.com

Ready to race!
$210 sounds a bit high for an installation cost, any other APR dealers near by you?

That installer is within 3 miles of me. The next one is 296 miles away. I wanted to go APR, but GIAC might be a more reasonable alternative.

I was hooked on this being a "$600 tune". :confused:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
yeah, that seems fairly high.

RB06

Ready to race!
ya its 600 but then they charge you labor. the labor on mine was still cheaper than what you got quoted. plus alex is tight, he is from germany so you actually feel like the right person is working on the right car. and when you ask him questions and he answers you back in a german accent, it is just that much easier to believe. WAIT what?! he is quoting you 210? I would give him a call and tell him to do it for 100 just like everyone else or you will go to another shop. He does that because of what you said..he is the closest dealer within 200 miles. You should open a shop yourself and just charge 100 and get all his apr business from him.

Last edited:

dasVW.com

Ready to race!
ya its 600 but then they charge you labor. the labor on mine was still cheaper than what you got quoted. plus alex is tight, he is from germany so you actually feel like the right person is working on the right car. and when you ask him questions and he answers you back in a german accent, it is just that much easier to believe.

I have several referrals to use him. Maybe I'll stop by sometime to see if they have any *specials*. I really wanted to keep this closer to $600 + $100 install. Budgets suck.

BeauG

Ready to race!
plus alex is tight, he is from germany so you actually feel like the right person is working on the right car.

Based on that logic I should move to another country and open up an American-car tuning shop. I'm American so obviously I know everything there is to know about American cars and how to work on them.

That being said, $210 is outrageous. I paid like $75 and I was in and out in 40 minutes.

RB06

Ready to race!
Based on that logic I should move to another country and open up an American-car tuning shop. I'm American so obviously I know everything there is to know about American cars and how to work on them.

That being said, $210 is outrageous. I paid like $75 and I was in and out in 40 minutes.

Easy there, I was just trying to help the OP out. Didn't know it was a roasting session.

dasVW.com

Ready to race!
It's $10 more than I paid. If you go stage2, will they charge you labor a 2nd time?

That's a very good question to which I do not have the answer to. I guess it depends on the installer? Anyone else know? :iono:

I will never find out because I have only ever wanted Stage II.