GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk6 vs 370Z

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Reaction times count for nothing considering ET and trap. I went 14s and he was in the 15s...I understand he can't drive but not everyone can. I'm not posting these to get bashed. That was my only red light out of 12 passes in the car so far. I'd like to see what times other guys on the forum ran with temp tags still on the car. 700 miles on it in that video, 2,300 miles in the first

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
dude i thought u said u beat a 370z?!u jumped off the line. guess what though ur not the only one. i got beat by one too recently lol so i already knew. only time u will beat one is if its horrible driver.

I won by half a second?

gtiflip

my bad i didnt mean to bash you.just couldnt see the times at the end thats why i was asking.plus in the camera the angle of the 370z looks like it was catching up.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Understandable, he should have beat me but this one comes down to his driving and the heat

VINNY1

Ready to race!
He had an automatic, Slower than a cocker spaniel on pain killers(I own one):-D

VeeTec

Ready to race!
Even a bad driver should run a 13 in the heat. That is horrible. A 370Z should be able to manage 13's no matter what the temperature is, and these cars have run 12.9 completely stock.

Even my old 2004 G35 sedan auto ran very low 14's completely stock. My 04 350Z ran 13.6 stock and my 07 350Z ran 13.1 stock, and trapped as high as 109 during very cool conditions.

Must have been an auto DE with bad driver, that let up. Anyone driving a 370Z that can't run 13's needs help. I'm sure there are plenty that do. 15's.....gracious....our old 5,650+ lb Armada ran a 14.9.

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
Even a bad driver should run a 13 in the heat. That is horrible. A 370Z should be able to manage 13's no matter what the temperature is, and these cars have run 12.9 completely stock.

Even my old 2004 G35 sedan auto ran very low 14's completely stock. My 04 350Z ran 13.6 stock and my 07 350Z ran 13.1 stock, and trapped as high as 109 during very cool conditions.

Must have been an auto DE with bad driver, that let up. Anyone driving a 370Z that can't run 13's needs help. I'm sure there are plenty that do. 15's.....gracious....our old 5,650+ lb Armada ran a 14.9.

You ran on a track that is fast and no one else can duplicate your fast times at any other track. Another guy even ran at your track and ran very fast. People on the net say that track is downhill.

Either way the 370z is a 13 sec car stock, and the 350z with the de engine is a 14 sec car stock. The hr is a upper 13 to low 14 stock mostly. I also ran a friend with a 350z hr Nismo with a few bolt ons and would slowly edge him every time we ran and I am only stage 1 and intake.

My Titan ran 15.1 in 4x4 mode and it was a Pro4x 2010 model. An Armada running faster, not possible, so that proves that track has some interesting things to have faster times.

VeeTec

Ready to race!
You ran on a track that is fast and no one else can duplicate your fast times at any other track. Another guy even ran at your track and ran very fast. People on the net say that track is downhill.

Either way the 370z is a 13 sec car stock, and the 350z with the de engine is a 14 sec car stock. The hr is a upper 13 to low 14 stock mostly. I also ran a friend with a 350z hr Nismo with a few bolt ons and would slowly edge him every time we ran and I am only stage 1 and intake.

My Titan ran 15.1 in 4x4 mode and it was a Pro4x 2010 model. An Armada running faster, not possible, so that proves that track has some interesting things to have faster times.

The HR runs very close with the 370Z, not upper 13's.

I have run my Z's in 5 different states at many different tracks, the results have all been close, except at Atlanta Dragway, where the track is known to be notoriously slow. There I ran the HR in 100 degree heat, and it still managed a 13.5. Ofcourse my best times were in cool weather.

Our old Armada spun off the line, and ran back to back 14.9's during upper 40 degree weather. It ran low 15's in 90-100 degree heat another time. I only ran the big SUV a couple of times, for fun, while my Z was cooling off.

Here are the tracks I normally run at, and comparisons with other tracks:

Alabama International Dragway (Kind of like our Cecil down here, but not quite as fast) The track does drop off right after the finish line, hence some people's comments, but it is fairly level until then, but bumpy. My stock 07 HR ran 13.1's(Traps 107-109), stock 04 350Z ran 13.6(With bolt ons it ran and DR's, 13.2)
MGMP (Average speed and times) My stock HR ran 13.1's(Traps 107-108), stock 04 350Z ran 13.7, with bolt ons 13.2.
SGMP (Average speed and times) My stock HR ran 13.2 almost brand new(traps 107) (still green) 04 350Z ran 13.2's with bolt ons and DR's.
Silver Dollar Raceway (Average speed and times) My stock HR ran a 13.1 best(Traps of 106-107), my bolt on 04 350Z ran a 13.01 best on DR's.
South Carolina Dragway (House of Hook, known for grip but lower traps due to slight uphill climb at the end) My stock HR ran 13.1's with oustanding grip, but lower traps of 105-106.
Atlanta Dragway (Known to be one of the higher and slowest tracks in the SE) 13.5 during 100 degree weather with traps of 104-105 best.

If you live on the east coast, most tracks will fit in this group somewhere, when it comes to comparable times

Atlanta Dragway (Great facility, but a slow track for street cars and rarely prepped well for test and tune) It's only 25 minutes from my driveway though, located near the foothills of the mountains.

The other guy who trapped 109 in his stock HR Z ran at two tracks on the east coast. There have also been others running 13.1's at tracks all over, as posted at my350Z.com. Obviously, if you run at higher elevation tracks, you will not duplicate these times.

Here is our then loaded down family SUV (05 Armada) at Alabama International Dragway, while my then 2004 Z took a break. I had bet I could run a very high 14 due to the cool weather. Ran back to back 14.9's. I could have worked it down a tenth or two, but I was there to race my Z, not our family hauler. Some non driving SRT4 owner, who couldn't launch very well, even backed out of a race, after running traction limited low 15's, because he couldn't launch or shift well. I know his car should have been good for a low to mid 14 stock, with better driving.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkt7z-QFk4Q

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
My buddy has a 370z (40th AE, not that it matters) and that thing is fast. I drove it and I doubt that a stage 2 GTI would have a chance

Airvoltaire

Great kill... When u roll up to race somebody you don't ask what they have under the hood or if they are a 370z... You better expect that you are going to be called out by any car. Its up to u if you or your victim is going to press the gas to test the performance of their machines. The whole reason why we buy these cars is to surprise who dare opposes us. "Did I just get beat by a Volkswagen?" is the question they always ask themselves. The feeling of regret and embarrassment is what seem to follow. That's right son you just gas smoked and ur decision to buy a "Z" is now in question! Great Kill and proof with the video. Congratulate GTI owners now I know I can compete with the Z

suprchgtnt

:thumbup: