GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

door respray

CHarmer

Passed Driver's Ed
Had a small door ding repair from previous ownership begin to show signs of rust. Was having other body work done under corrosion warranty on vws behalf and figured what a great time to get this fixed out of pocket. The spot was not much bigger then a coin and by no means was exposed metal.
This is the result of the door repair.
Im not very happy with the paint match/blend particularly with rear quarter.
Looking for opinions.. what should i tell the manager about this work.. dealers choice body shop.

Attachments

• IMG_5922.jpg
    IMG_5922.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_5924.jpg
    IMG_5924.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_5923.jpg
    IMG_5923.jpg
    258.5 KB · Views: 189

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
If it was only the size of a coin why on earth did they colour the whole door? Surely they should have feathered it towards the rear quarter! Not right to the edge of the door! If they had done that you wouldn't be able to see the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CHarmer

Passed Driver's Ed
Just got back from speaking with the manager. He told me the whole reason why they try to avoid blending is to not void VW's rust warranty.(paint must be factory, they measure depth) They obv thought they would be able to match but they failed badly. And he admitted that.
They will giving it another go... this time blending most likely

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
as VWs have a galvanised body they will not rust mid panel area within the warranty period unless there is damage which of course is not covered under the warranty! rust will only appear around the edges and seams, BUT the warranty doesn't cover "folds and seams" as confirmed to me by VWUK and my local VW dealer body shop, so I wouldn't worry about it voiding the warranty as you'll never get VW to honour it anyway!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk