GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG Stalled?

Iknowjake

Passed Driver's Ed
Well, today I was slowly driving (coasting) down a hill in a parking lot and it stalled... I wasn't sure if anyone else has had this issue.

As of now, I have a Intake and resonator delete on it.

Can anyone help with this?

2013 DSG GTI, Res delete, LED Tails

Mk6 Steve

Ready to race!
Coil pack? Get the car scanned via vcds.

Mk6 Steve

Ready to race!
If the car runs go run some logs and report back.

Iknowjake

Passed Driver's Ed
What happened?

I was coasting down a hill in 1st and letting the engine brake the car (under 1000rpm), and if I stop mildly quickly it'll drop down to about 500 rpm and then the clutch will disengage. I think it stayed engaged which caused it to stall. I was also turning and the AC was on full. So that made enough stress on the engine to cause it to stall. Idk if this makes any sense.

Could someone try coasting slowly down a hill in manual mode in first gear and stop briskly while under 1000 rpm to see if your does this too?

zVp

Go Kart Champion
That doesn't sound normal.

My car stalled before too, but that was because my intake manifold crapped out.

SyDiko

Ready to race!
I was coasting down a hill in 1st and letting the engine brake the car (under 1000rpm), and if I stop mildly quickly it'll drop down to about 500 rpm and then the clutch will disengage. I think it stayed engaged which caused it to stall. I was also turning and the AC was on full. So that made enough stress on the engine to cause it to stall. Idk if this makes any sense.

Could someone try coasting slowly down a hill in manual mode in first gear and stop briskly while under 1000 rpm to see if your does this too?

I've done this with my car, and if I remember correctly it bucked... I've never stalled my DSG, but there were times when I thought for sure it was.... My DSG software was reflashed at like 40k with an update and the above has since been remedied.

My advice would be to see if you have the above update, before tampering with any components.

Last edited:

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
My DSG acted like it was gonna stall once in a Jack in the Box drive through, started bucking hard for a second while I was on the brakes. Never did it again, no faults, software is updated.

Uberryan

Banned
Wait... there's a DSG update from the dealer?

Prescription_Bandit

Passed Driver's Ed
Wait... there's a DSG update from the dealer?

X2 on this, I'm not sure what year this update was applied to, but my 2013 never got one to my knowledge.

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Wasn't the DSG software update like 5 years ago or is there a more recent one? I'm guessing if the cars ever been to the dealer for anything in that time since they did it already automatically since it will show out of date when they plug into your car.