GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Introducing Cool New Eonon Android 6.0 Volkswagen Navigation GA7153 for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EononCarDVD

Go Kart Champion
Has anyone successfully connected their rear view camera with the A0580 kit? I purchased one with my GA7153 and I can now add to the list above that it also didn't work. I had the head unit installed long enough to find the above mentioned issues. Today I took it back out of the dash to add the A0580. Unfortunately there was a faint aroma of burning and a small amount of thin smoke from the top of the Head Unit. It was connected just as the picture from Eonon showed. I had to reinstall the factory head unit to test the camera. It still works but not with the GA7153 (I tried again). I am not sure what happened but the damage is likely inside the GA7153 as well. EononCarDVD any suggestions at this point. Please send the software patch for the Spotify issue. The GA7153 is functional other than this.

Connected like this for install.
https://www.eonon.com/upload/product/Gallery/A0580/A0580-06.jpg

Hi edstdi, do you have an Eonon backup camera A0119?
The right connection way is connecting the A0580 with factory backup camera plug. More details about A0580, please click here:
https://www.eonon.com/Accessories/Other-Accessories/A0580.html
Please PM to us, so that we can help you better, thanks!

R0B.75

Hi R0B.75, please don’t worry. We will do our best to help you. Please rest assured that we have 60-day money back guarantee.

As for your first three questions, we will PM you and help you better. ;)

4. About the MIC, please note that the internal and external MIC work at the same time.
Please reinsert it and try to get close to the external MIC and make sure it’s connected properly as the external MIC interface is tight. You can also try with another MIC.

5. Please set the Door info option and then try with the door display with the following steps.
Settings--->Car settings--->Extra settings (password:123456)--->Door info
Hope it helps, thanks!

Hi

5, I have looked through these settings and tried them all, the correct door is still not showing.

4, The MIC is in the same place as when connected to my previous head unit and it was perfect on my old one. I will try reconnecting it.

I will update the software as the PM advised, hopefully that will resolve the the music app stopping.

However, there must be a way to choose the default music app over the one that is pre-installed. If you can set that one to automatically play surely there must be a way to set another, like you can set the default navigation app. Can this be resolved??

Edit: I have done the update precisely as instructed and it went smoothly.

Everything booted back up but I then had to try and download my apps again. Connected to my wifi, everything went ok. Connected to my google account to get into the play store, connected ok. Then the unit starts rebooting....

Did another factory reset. Connected to wifi, works fine, I can play music, radio etc fine. As soon as I connect to my google account to be able to use any google service the unit reboots again continuously. If I disable wifi, which stops it connecting to google, it stops rebooting.

This update has made the unit worse. I cannot download any apps to test the reason I needed the update in the first place!

Here's a video of the issue. As soon as it connects to wifi it reboots. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByuR8Z5RlDtMU01GUS1zVkduRmc/view?usp=sharing

If I can't fix this I am going to be removing the device and re-install my old one, I don't have the time to spend messing about with a device that should just work.

Edit 2: I think the problem is with Google play services. More specifically when signing into a Google account it crashes, so when WiFi enables itself at boot it continues to try and sign into Google but reboots continuously. Seems the update has corrupted the app. Without downloading a new Google play services apk I can't be 100% sure. I'm not willing to do this because I've gone above and beyond what's reasonable for a customer to do. This device should function properly out of the box, it doesn't. It's a buggy version of the OS and not fit for purpose. I should charge for my time trying to find a fix....

Edit 3: I have uninstalled the unit and reinstalled my old one. I have boxed up the GA7153 ready for return :(

Last edited:

Jaber

Modero
Going back to fader function. When Eonon sent me a pm on update, had me select a different model. This caused the door notification not to work. Fader function worked with the wrong model. After correcting it to VW one, fader function does not work.

edstdi

EononCarDVD thank you for the PM with the updated software. The update using the instructions went fine. I am now listening to Spotify and using WAZE simultaneously. I haven't driven yet but the apps are running and I am able to switch back and forth without freezes or crashes. Overall the system is a bit more robust with this version of the Operating System.

As for the fader issue it is weird. If I go straight back no fade. If I go back to the left or right (rear) the fade works to that corner and then I can go back to the center rear and it is ok. So as often as I change this it's ok.

I am sending a PM regarding the camera.

Ed

Jaber

Modero
EononCarDVD thank you for the PM with the updated software. The update using the instructions went fine. I am now listening to Spotify and using WAZE simultaneously. I haven't driven yet but the apps are running and I am able to switch back and forth without freezes or crashes. Overall the system is a bit more robust with this version of the Operating System.

As for the fader issue it is weird. If I go straight back no fade. If I go back to the left or right (rear) the fade works to that corner and then I can go back to the center rear and it is ok. So as often as I change this it's ok.

Ed

Curious, did you lose any apps after the update? Mine had a couple or few missing. Torque was automatically installed out of the box, after update I had to download from google store. The Car Settings (think it's called, where it has temp, remaining fuel, And few other data) also missing. Not really a big deal for me, since I bought torque in the past and other apps I didn't seem to bother with initially.

I changed my shutdown delay to 10min. So now when I step out of the car for a moment, comes back on super quick.

edstdi

Jaber, the default apps seemed different after the update but I can't put my finger on anything missing that I noted. That said I didn't put the ODBII device back in the car so I haven't looked for Torque yet. I'll let you know.

Jaber

Modero
Jaber, the default apps seemed different after the update but I can't put my finger on anything missing that I noted. That said I didn't put the ODBII device back in the car so I haven't looked for Torque yet. I'll let you know.

Eonon,

Can we get a list of default apps that should be installed?

EononCarDVD

Go Kart Champion

Ed

Hi edstdi, glad to hear that the software upgrade helped. As for your fader and camera questions, we have sent PM and email to you and will help you with advice there. Your early reply will be highly appreciated. :)

EononCarDVD

Go Kart Champion
Going back to fader function. When Eonon sent me a pm on update, had me select a different model. This caused the door notification not to work. Fader function worked with the wrong model. After correcting it to VW one, fader function does not work.

Curious, did you lose any apps after the update? Mine had a couple or few missing. Torque was automatically installed out of the box, after update I had to download from google store. The Car Settings (think it's called, where it has temp, remaining fuel, And few other data) also missing. Not really a big deal for me, since I bought torque in the past and other apps I didn't seem to bother with initially.

I changed my shutdown delay to 10min. So now when I step out of the car for a moment, comes back on super quick.

Eonon,

Can we get a list of default apps that should be installed?

Hi Jaber, please notice that if we restore the head units to factory settings, then the apps installed after the factory will be removed. But if we just make the software upgrade, the preset apps will be still on the head unit. :)
We will PM you the list of default apps for your installation and help you with advice on your fader issue there. Thanks!

EononCarDVD

Go Kart Champion
Hi

5, I have looked through these settings and tried them all, the correct door is still not showing.

4, The MIC is in the same place as when connected to my previous head unit and it was perfect on my old one. I will try reconnecting it.

I will update the software as the PM advised, hopefully that will resolve the the music app stopping.

However, there must be a way to choose the default music app over the one that is pre-installed. If you can set that one to automatically play surely there must be a way to set another, like you can set the default navigation app. Can this be resolved??

Edit: I have done the update precisely as instructed and it went smoothly.

Everything booted back up but I then had to try and download my apps again. Connected to my wifi, everything went ok. Connected to my google account to get into the play store, connected ok. Then the unit starts rebooting....

Did another factory reset. Connected to wifi, works fine, I can play music, radio etc fine. As soon as I connect to my google account to be able to use any google service the unit reboots again continuously. If I disable wifi, which stops it connecting to google, it stops rebooting.

This update has made the unit worse. I cannot download any apps to test the reason I needed the update in the first place!

Here's a video of the issue. As soon as it connects to wifi it reboots. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByuR8Z5RlDtMU01GUS1zVkduRmc/view?usp=sharing

If I can't fix this I am going to be removing the device and re-install my old one, I don't have the time to spend messing about with a device that should just work.

Edit 2: I think the problem is with Google play services. More specifically when signing into a Google account it crashes, so when WiFi enables itself at boot it continues to try and sign into Google but reboots continuously. Seems the update has corrupted the app. Without downloading a new Google play services apk I can't be 100% sure. I'm not willing to do this because I've gone above and beyond what's reasonable for a customer to do. This device should function properly out of the box, it doesn't. It's a buggy version of the OS and not fit for purpose. I should charge for my time trying to find a fix....

Edit 3: I have uninstalled the unit and reinstalled my old one. I have boxed up the GA7153 ready for return :(

Hi R0B.75, please don't worry. We will do our best to help you. Please rest assured that we have 60-day money back guarantee and 1 year warranty. :)

About the door information setting, please do as what we suggest as below:
1. Please enter setting and delete the door info option. You don't need to click on it.
2. And then test how the head unit show the door information. Please check whether the left and right doors are reversed. Or the front and rear doors are reversed.
A. If it's the left and right doors are reversed, please choose the DOOR INFO --- FRONT and REAR. And please choose it. And then test it.
B. If the front and rear doors are reversed, please choose the DOOR INFO --- LEFT and RIGHT. And please choose it. And then test it. Hope it helps!

A warm notice to you is that our head units don't support with setting the third-party music APP as default. It is different from the Navi APP. You can use the music APP which comes with our head unit. Many customers say it is quite nice in listening. Just have a try, please. :thanks:

As for your questions about the MIC and the Google play services, we will PM to you help you with advice there. Please find and check it, thanks!

R0B.75

Hi R0B.75, please don't worry. We will do our best to help you. Please rest assured that we have 60-day money back guarantee and 1 year warranty. :)

About the door information setting, please do as what we suggest as below:
1. Please enter setting and delete the door info option. You don't need to click on it.
2. And then test how the head unit show the door information. Please check whether the left and right doors are reversed. Or the front and rear doors are reversed.
A. If it's the left and right doors are reversed, please choose the DOOR INFO --- FRONT and REAR. And please choose it. And then test it.
B. If the front and rear doors are reversed, please choose the DOOR INFO --- LEFT and RIGHT. And please choose it. And then test it. Hope it helps!

A warm notice to you is that our head units don't support with setting the third-party music APP as default. It is different from the Navi APP. You can use the music APP which comes with our head unit. Many customers say it is quite nice in listening. Just have a try, please. :thanks:

As for your questions about the MIC and the Google play services, we will PM to you help you with advice there. Please find and check it, thanks!

I have tried all of the door options you suggested already. It's a minor issue but it still doesn't work.

The music app which comes with the unit sounds awful compared to Poweramp as I said before. also it doesn't show album art. These things are important.

I will respond to your PM but I have already removed the unit from my car and boxed it up ready to send back for a refund.

Jaber

Modero
For those having fader issue, seems if you use your finger to move the dot around, it works. But if you try to use the arrows, it does not.

Jaber

Modero
Hello, I ordered the screen protector for this headunit. It's been 20 days and haven't received it yet. Sent an email on Friday to follow up.

EononCarDVD

Go Kart Champion
Hello, I ordered the screen protector for this headunit. It's been 20 days and haven't received it yet. Sent an email on Friday to follow up.

Hi Jaber, no worry our related customer service will reply you by email ASAP. Please find and check it, thanks!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.