GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Austin Area Owners

OddParticle

Non-dealer service?

Hi, all,

Not sure if this is the best place to post this, so feel free to remove or move.

I'm looking for a good, VW service location for regular maintenance in the Austin area.

Anyone have any good experiences? Preferably in the South Austin area?

Thanks!

alltrac

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi, all,

Not sure if this is the best place to post this, so feel free to remove or move.

I'm looking for a good, VW service location for regular maintenance in the Austin area.

Anyone have any good experiences? Preferably in the South Austin area?

Thanks!

Brink on N. Lamar. Happy with the job they did on my clutch. Haven't used them for more routine work but it looks like they do it.

cantdrive55

Passed Driver's Ed
Last edited:

Totally_Stock_Except

Passed Driver's Ed
Anybody in Austin area have the fuel injector rebuild tool kit available to borrow or rent? I'm doing my water pump in the driveway soon, figure I better be ready for possible injector work too! I do have the bronze bushing tool I can lend out FWIW, love what they and the Stop Tech rotors and lines did for my pedal feel!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

smax

Passed Driver's Ed
Just wanted to point you local guys to my thread in the classifieds. The wife is pregnant and a 2 door GTI doesn't make for a very good family car (especially when you also have a 100+ lb. dog to lug around), so I'm having to get out of the GTI game.

I'm selling my TSW Nurburgrings with Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 tires, R8 coils, smoked sidemarkers, a spare fuel filter, a bluetooth module bracket and cover (to replace the styrofoam block under the passenger seat), and an MDI USB cable. Let me know if you are interested in anything!

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113487

Doclively79

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone still on here want to meet up sometime? New to GTi's but I've had a 450whp 07 STi, Darryl Cox twin turbo SRT4.....etc. Also looking for MK6 aftermarket parts.

bentegrity

Does anyone here have experience using Hewlett Collision?

I had my car repaired in December there and am pretty shocked to see the quality of work after hearing so many referrals and good experiences about the place. There is over-spray all over many different black components on my car, particularly on the black gloss on the front bumper vents (my car is white so it really stands out), also one of the dents was not even completely fixed. The car was also completely covered in dust on the inside from sitting in their shop for so long with windows removed and not being covered. This particularly pains me because I work extensively on a weekly basis with my cleaning regimen to keep my car cleaned. So seeing the back seats covered in dust, also leftover pieces of yellow tape and the black trim they removed being left on the floor of the car.

This is really my first experience with collision repair so I'm curious on how to go about approaching them with the issues. I'm also really not looking forward to them having my car again since they were particularly horrible at knowing when they would have it ready (the estimated "worst case scenario" time-frame they gave me ended up changing four times, it ended up not being ready until a whole two weeks after the original "worst case scenario" estimate.

Apologies for the text block, just extremely infuriated with this whole situation. Advice? Thoughts? Suggestions? Tips?

Thanks

rawag77

Ready to race!
There was a guy active in the groups that worked there but I haven't heard from him in a while. His name was Tyler. Next time go to berli's in pflugerville. Expensive but good.

Tyler12108

Go Kart Newbie
I've had my front bumper repainted under warranty (it was peeling at the fog lights) and they did a great job, sad to hear that it was half assed by whoever did it. Also, why wouldn't they cover the windows with plastic sheet if it was going to be sitting in a shop??

I think you should talk to the manager there to address the overspray and dent ASAP. I wouldn't bother with trying to get an interior detail unless it really was super dirty and got a noticeable layer of dust/dirt/ect. Might come across as nitpicking otherwise, even if you are OCD about cleanliness like myself.

bentegrity

I've had my front bumper repainted under warranty (it was peeling at the fog lights) and they did a great job, sad to hear that it was half assed by whoever did it. Also, why wouldn't they cover the windows with plastic sheet if it was going to be sitting in a shop??

I think you should talk to the manager there to address the overspray and dent ASAP. I wouldn't bother with trying to get an interior detail unless it really was super dirty and got a noticeable layer of dust/dirt/ect. Might come across as nitpicking otherwise, even if you are OCD about cleanliness like myself.

Yeah the dust really isn’t that bad from a level of being able to clean it. I definitely can, I just couldn’t believe someone saw it and didn’t think at all about how different it looked from the half-assed wiping of the dashboard to make it look clean. The other issues are definitely things I cannot take care of on my own.

Regarding Tyler, he works at Hewlett’s service desk at the dealer, this is the collision shop right next to the dealer. So likely no help there.

One thing I didn’t mention was this was all insurance work. Someone hit my car to cause all of this. So it’s all warranties and insured hopefully meaning they should be responsible for it. I don’t know. Holy crap this is a damn nightmare, I haven’t even had this car for 6 months yet, my dream car on top of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cd1076

Anyone local in Austin want a free car cover? I've bought a Covercraft Technalon cover (I paid ~$200) for my 2010 GTI and might have used it once. I no longer have the car and thought I'd offer it here before it goes on Craigslist or to Goodwill.