GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jay's 13' Wolfsburg Track Car Build

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
I'll be heading back to michigan soon, august 19 at gingerman and sept 2 at grattan. Try to make it!

Might spectate haha. I can afford that. September 4 there is an autox at grattan that I'm doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

riceburner

Autocross Champion
MAH JAY FINALLY REMOVED THE HOOD LINER

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Not a lot to update, went to blackhawk farms again yesterday with some friends/gf and dog. The weather held out for me this time and I was able to get some good driving in. The second to last session of the day my intercooler hose popped off the TOP. Removed the bumper because I thought it was the IC side again that popped off earlier in the season. Found a bad hose clamp. I ended up taking a hose clamp off my intake and putting it on the TOP, put everything back together and was able to go drive for the last session. Got half way through the session (after pissing off a 5.0 that did not like pointing a VW by) and the hose popped off again. Decided to limp the car home with no turbo and I'll deal with it some time this week.

jay745

Are you going to try a different hose or clamp?

eh didn't see this. Will put another constant tension clamp on it.

So last night I had a customer come over for some work. Mind you my gti has been parked in my garage since the last track day earlier this month. About 3 weeks because I've been lazy and haven't put the intercooler hose back on yet. The battery was dead. Ugh. Buy a lightweight battery they said. It will be fun they said. My fault though, I didn't have a trickle charger on it. Oh well live and learn.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion

So last night I had a customer come over for some work. Mind you my gti has been parked in my garage since the last track day earlier this month. About 3 weeks because I've been lazy and haven't put the intercooler hose back on yet. The battery was dead. Ugh. Buy a lightweight battery they said. It will be fun they said. My fault though, I didn't have a trickle charger on it. Oh well live and learn.

buy a lithium ion battery next time, they dont lose charge when sitting. :thumbsup:

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie

what battery are you running?

jay745

SO Friday night I put the intercooler hose back on with a constant tension clamp. Drove to a car show saturday and it popped off again on the way home. I bet it's at the turbo this time. Really not sure how it could pop off at the same location again after using hair spray and a beefy ass clamp.

Braille is warantying the battery for me, but I have to send the old one in and pay shipping for both. Meh.

jay745

That damn clamp dude. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's all of them. It's like they all shit the bed at the same time. First time it was the clamp holding the hose on the actual intercooler, second time it was the intercooler hose/TOP. I haven't taken the wheel liner out yet but I'm guessing now it's the clamp at the TOP/Turbo hose.