GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Lower boost pressure after intake install

jon570

Ready to race!
I just installed a cold air intake on my cbfa. Running 93 octane Cobb stage 1 ots map. Before I was getting 18psi according to the Cobb gauge. Now it sits around 14. I don't feel any loss in power. But, would an intake cause anything like that?

FriggenT1

Banned
I just installed a cold air intake on my cbfa. Running 93 octane Cobb stage 1 ots map. Before I was getting 18psi according to the Cobb gauge. Now it sits around 14. I don't feel any loss in power. But, would an intake cause anything like that?

No, which intake was it? Better check your maf location and if its clean

jon570

Ready to race!
No, which intake was it? Better check your maf location and if its clean

Its the autotech intake. The one that has the maf taken out of the stock housing and into their intake.

Ill clean the maf and recheck. I might have to cut the intake right where the maf goes and use the stock housing.

FriggenT1

Banned
Its the autotech intake. The one that has the maf taken out of the stock housing and into their intake.

Ill clean the maf and recheck. I might have to cut the intake right where the maf goes and use the stock housing.

These mafs don't like to be messed with, I'd give it a shot...also make sure it's seated and tightened up properly at the turb, also make sure you give it 30-50 miles to adjust.

jon570

Ready to race!
These mafs don't like to be messed with, I'd give it a shot...also make sure it's seated and tightened up properly at the turb, also make sure you give it 30-50 miles to adjust.

its probabaly only been 20 miles at most. I just installed it. I did notice at first it was 11 pounds and this morning it was 14. Maybe ill drive it for the day and tomorrow and see what its like after that.

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
Did you disconnect the battery yet? To help reset and saved settings?

Laimface

Ready to race!
Did you disconnect the battery yet? To help reset and saved settings?

No need to do that, just send a clear code command through the accessport. All trims get reset after a code clearing.

jon570

Ready to race!
No need to do that, just send a clear code command through the accessport. All trims get reset after a code clearing.

Doesnt clearing the codes through cobb clear the tune too? I thought i read somewhere if you clear codes thru cobb then you have to reflash the tune.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Doesnt clearing the codes through cobb clear the tune too? I thought i read somewhere if you clear codes thru cobb then you have to reflash the tune.
NO. :laugh:

clearing the codes is litterly the same thing as with any other scan tool. Hell when you flash cobb it clears codes after the tune is successfully installed as part of the process.

FriggenT1

Banned

There's nothing you can do to clear a tune aside from doing it on purpose through the AP