GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Carbonio CAI knock

luxurygolf

Ready to race!
So, I've been really enjoying the Carbonio CAI over the past couple of days. But, today I noticed that at low speeds like around a parking lot there's a slight knock as if the intake is shifting and hitting something if I go over a bump or change directions sharply. It's definitely coming from the intake area. It's kind of annoying and I don't think it's normal. It's not loud and I'm sure a passenger wouldn't notice it.

I didn't install the intake myself and I can't figure it out. My best guess is it might be hitting the nails near the bottom end of the bulge since they're pretty much right up against it. It seems to be a really tight fit. Anyone have solutions or similar experiences? Thanks.

luxurygolf

Ready to race!
When I jiggle it around it's pretty firm but does have a bit of give. Is it it not supposed to jiggle at all? Would pictures help?

luxurygolf

Ready to race!
Yes, if I jiggle it hard the noise is very similar. It's the intake hitting that screw I think. It's hard to be sure of the sound because of the difference between having the hood open and driving in the car though.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Yes, if I jiggle it hard the noise is very similar. It's the intake hitting that screw I think. It's hard to be sure of the sound because of the difference between having the hood open and driving in the car though.

Try tightening the screws so it doesn't jiggle.

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion
A center support will fix this...

luxurygolf

Ready to race!
A center support will fix this...

I think the 2.5 has a different intake set up. I'll try to tighten all the screws I can and see what happens.