GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Decided to venture into the Golf R world

ALRDESIGN

Passed Driver's Ed
I've been wanting a nice car to drive around for a while now, and on Tuesday I finally pulled the trigger on a 2013 Golf R. It's a certified pre owned car with just under 26k miles on it. It was owned by an older gentleman, and he seemed to take very good care of the car, as there is not even as much as a scuff on the interior. I fell in love with it because it's the 4 door model with sunroof and all of the bells and whistles. And I LOVE the color. :D

Going to leave it stock for now. I'm really happy with the way that the car is setup from the factory. If I decide I'm craving horsepower, I'll just drive the big turbo MKV I have haha.

One lousy picture for now; it's too cold out to take pictures. :p

Untitled by ALRDESIGN, on Flickr

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Did you get a good deal?

ides1056

Ready to race!
Just a heads up: I have the same car, same color. See my post about VW doing me a solid. They repainted much of my car because the paint was brittle and thin, and was wearing off the sills where the weatherstripping rubbed them. I live in New England, and tons of salt and sand is dumped on the roads where I live. That is an issue, but VW made no bones about it and took care of the car. I've owned many VW's, and love this car. Now I park it in the winter. I just can't beat on it in the crappy weather we have. It's not a Jeep. I drive a Toyota Matrix during the really rough stuff.
I have 40K on my car, and the warranty issues were door locks in front and the horn. VW took care of it. My advice is have a good relationship with your dealer. Treat them well and they will treat you well. Northampton VW has been all in all very good. I hope you have the same experience.
I drove a 2003 tdi till I bought this R in 13, and it was only average in its reliability. I consider the R well above average so far. Performance + reliability= brilliant.

ALRDESIGN

Passed Driver's Ed
Just a heads up: I have the same car, same color. See my post about VW doing me a solid. They repainted much of my car because the paint was brittle and thin, and was wearing off the sills where the weatherstripping rubbed them. I live in New England, and tons of salt and sand is dumped on the roads where I live. That is an issue, but VW made no bones about it and took care of the car. I've owned many VW's, and love this car. Now I park it in the winter. I just can't beat on it in the crappy weather we have. It's not a Jeep. I drive a Toyota Matrix during the really rough stuff.
I have 40K on my car, and the warranty issues were door locks in front and the horn. VW took care of it. My advice is have a good relationship with your dealer. Treat them well and they will treat you well. Northampton VW has been all in all very good. I hope you have the same experience.
I drove a 2003 tdi till I bought this R in 13, and it was only average in its reliability. I consider the R well above average so far. Performance + reliability= brilliant.

I completely agree with you. The car is the perfect balance between an everyday commuter, and a car you can open up on the back roads. My 06 GTI was fun, but it is just a huge pain in the ass to drive everyday with the deleted MAF and twin disk clutch.

I do have a good relationship with a dealership in my area; I actually know the service manager, one of the salesmen, and almost all of the techs that work in the shop. So if I ever have any issues, I'm confident that the car as well as myself will be taken care of. Thanks for the advice! :thumbsup:

TorontoDUBBER

Ready to race!
That's nice!

2k21.8t

Is that the carbon steel or black? Nice car. Welcome to the family. (that sounds weird since I just got mine 2 weeks ago)

- Matt

ALRDESIGN

Passed Driver's Ed
Looks like you found one that was previously very well taken care of! Congrats and enjoy!

Thank you! The original owner of the car definitely took great care of it.

Is that the carbon steel or black? Nice car. Welcome to the family. (that sounds weird since I just got mine 2 weeks ago)

- Matt

Its Carbon Steel. Thanks!