GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY Euro Cup Holder Install **Pretty Easy Install**

inc55

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for that! Didn't realise there was such a difference.

Although in the US you guys benefit from the orange reflectors on the front bumper. I know it's a matter of opinion but I like them. Over here the only cars that still have those are high end BMW's so to me it makes the US golf look expensive, and lush.

Benefit? Seriously? I had to pay money to get them to match my bumper. I wish it never was there in the first place. Do you Europe people get the cool LED taillights with your GTI's?

inc55

Go Kart Champion
You did a good job with this DIY. It's not perfect by any means, but it shows a good overview on the process in installing it. And mind you, you wrote it almost 3 years ago so it's obviously dated.

Not sure why the other member complained about it. If there were no pictures/missing pictures and missing information, he could have found another DIY to use that was more relevant to his learning methods, rather than insult your DIY. You did a good job and I think I used your instructions to install mine. I had some nicks and cuts and cursed many, many times, but in the end, it helped tremendously and I wouldn't have done it without your DIY. And I'm sure many other members can attest to that as well.

Good job dude!

Thanks for the kind words. :)

triggerking135

Passed Driver's Ed
Benefit? Seriously? I had to pay money to get them to match my bumper. I wish it never was there in the first place. Do you Europe people get the cool LED taillights with your GTI's?
Seems like it's an optional extra for the earlier mk6 GTI's but standard from around 2012 judging by what's on the roads. Same with the GTD. Mines 2010 and got the peasant lights. Front and back.

Keegygti

Passed Driver's Ed

Have anyone seen this before? A screw pointing the opposite side?? I think that's what holding the centre console down!!! HELP

theunholy

Go Kart Champion
I think I'm stuck somewhere around centre console and Emerg brake.......

wow, thats too far. did you take out the screw near the gas pedal?

There is also a clip underneath the handbreak which require you to pull it as far up as possible. PULL!!!

Keegygti

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes I unscrewed by the gas pedal but I can't view the pictures from the first page to unscrew the rear console. Im missing something here....?