GOLFMKV

Best exhaust for DSG Farts

barney91

Passed Driver's Ed
CTS turbo back exhaust.

Epic farts without a tractor-like tone.

DarienMidnight

Ready to race!
Will a 3 inch APR downpipe to a 2.5 inch catback have a louder fart than a full 3 inch ?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Will a 3 inch APR downpipe to a 2.5 inch catback have a louder fart than a full 3 inch ?
downpipe is more the cause of farts. So a catless non resonated downpipe will usually be louder than a downpipe with cat or resonator. Where as one with both cat and resonator will usually be the "quietest" of the farts. Although my buddy has a APR exhaust and he can still make it bang.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion

If it's catless it'll be loud. :thumbsup:

downpipe is more the cause of farts. So a catless non resonated downpipe will usually be louder than a downpipe with cat or resonator. Where as one with both cat and resonator will usually be the "quietest" of the farts. Although my buddy has a APR exhaust and he can still make it bang.

All this. Catless and borla or straight pipe or something like that makes shit loud lol.

Roctre

Ready to race!
Same setup at Dasvdub and will agree the farts are fucking insanely loud but I love it. Inside a tunnel they're almost as loud as a gunshot.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Magnaflow

zef

Drag Racing Champion
My DSG doesn't fart at all :( I have a Cobb turbo back.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Could've told you that lol. Cobb is known for being more quiet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geez if my Cobb is quiet I can't imagine what the others sound like. The highway drone is terrible.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Lmao. I'm catless and only have drone at 60mph.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am catless non resonated. And the drone is only really evident at 75mph+ anything bellow 70mph is easily drowned out at medium lvl radio volume. After 70-75mph though you will always hear the hummm of the exhaust regardless of the radio