GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stock vs 2009 Mustang GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

dknguyenn

Ready to race!
My car is stock and I'm pretty sure the GT was stock as well. Ran into the car on a smaller road. It was only debadged didn't think anything of it. He slowed for some reason. No revving or downshifting so I just speed up a bit and continue on. I get on the highway and I'm cruising at 65 and a while later he catches up at a light. He revs his engine so I pull over into a lane with no cars and pull from the light. I slow down to let him catch up and there wasn't a honk off or anything. He pulled and I held with him all the way. I forgot when we let off, but it was about 100-110ish. I had a passenger in the car and TC OFF. I know this gen of mustangs are slow, but I expected the GT to pull on me at least.

.....and __________________bro.

Lou Maiuri

Banned
yeah dude you totally beat a v8 with a 0 60 time of 5.3 with your GTI with stock o-60 time of 7.1. And we all know that two liter just pulls harder up top! best story on here. bar none. mind=blown.

excelevant

Go Kart Champion

dknguyenn

Ready to race!
I never said I beat anyone....I just kept with him... lol. Maybe he was just a piss poor driver or had people in the car. It was at night so who knows. All I know is that he was in it...you could hear it. Chilllll outttttt haha.

Lou Maiuri

Banned
he was not pushing it. You need stage II (50+ WHP bump) to keep up with/edge out a Mustang GT. We've all had dubs and we've all raced Mustang GT's dude. It's just a pointless story. He was playing with you or it wasn't a mustang GT.

Djmikeyd

Go Kart Champion
^ you forgot to add we beat them. Those v8s suck balls. 300 hp. I shit on one stock but it was like a 2005ish model. Oh and 0-60 time in a stock gti = 6 seconds not 7

biggee72

Go Kart Champion
he was not pushing it. You need stage II (50+ WHP bump) to keep up with/edge out a Mustang GT. We've all had dubs and we've all raced Mustang GT's dude. It's just a pointless story. He was playing with you or it wasn't a mustang GT.

Yes because we all know everything is measured off a professional drivers 0-60 time.

Lou Maiuri

Banned
Yes because we all know everything is measured off a professional drivers 0-60 time.

If you're alluding to the fact that these guys are probably less than professional drivers (because, faintly, I can detect how tactfully you layered that sentence with subtle sarcasm) then the gti would have worse times along with the GT. There is no way a 2.0T has a stronger top end then a v8. Like I said, we all have/had mk6's.

biggee72

Go Kart Champion
If you're alluding to the fact that these guys are probably less than professional drivers (because, faintly, I can detect how tactfully you layered that sentence with subtle sarcasm) then the gti would have worse times along with the GT. There is no way a 2.0T has a stronger top end then a v8. Like I said, we all have/had mk6's.

No. What I am saying is you can't judge how a race is going to go based off of car and drivers posed 0-60 times. There's obviously multiple other factors that will determine the outcome of a race. Pointless thread or not, you've only added to the pointlessness of it.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
LULZ.

Professional drivers or not, this is just not likely. I had an 05 and there is no way a legit race would have a GTI keeping up. Stock GTI is not that fast of a car, even with DSG.

Leave Lou alone. He's just making logical points here. None of you could honestly say you'd beat Usain Bolt in a foot race if he had a shit run and you had your best ever. And no, I'm not comparing a Mustang to Usain Bolt. The logic is the same.

Mustang was toying with OP. Same thing GTI's do to Civic's.

Status
Not open for further replies.