GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Unitronic Chipped 2.0TSI Thread!

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion
Uni's team, I just bought a K04 CTS kit and I'm looking forward to upgrade my actual Uni Stage 2 to 2+. My current configuration is Carbonio 1+2, SPM catless DP with OEM catback and FX350 for my MT trans. I was wondering if I can use my stock IC for some time and then upgrade to a better one. My concern is the whether in summer that is around 90F and my DD style with a very stop and go traffic. Besides, I hardly have 93 oct gas in my city. I know Uni has a 91 oct file but I don't know if this could affect my tune in this conditions. I know a better FMIC is needed but don't know if really required for a short time. I'll appreciate your support.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

An upgraded FMIC is highly recommended at the Stage 2+ K04 level. You may choose to run a 91 octane specific Stage 2+ file or our standard 93 octane Stage 2+ software, depending on how often you use 93 octane.

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion
Hi any chance customer oversea like singapore will be getting the UNIconnect device?

Please contact your local Authorized Dealer to get UniConnect. Feel free to send me an email to john@unitronic.ca and I'd be happy to point you in the right direction.

maskari_gti1

Go Kart Champion
i called uni today directly... they got me in contact with a local shop (uni dealer) who's sending it to me..they had it in stock..ill get it in 2 days or so!!!

thanks everyone who helped!!!

I've emailed them and awaiting their answer.

They should be back in stock within approx. 7-10 business days. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

I've sent you an email John.

Last edited:

DazzG_177

So it's been over a month ago that I had asked about the Uni-Connect.
I know my local dealer (who is 600km away from where I stay) has received his shipment of the devices (maybe 2 weeks back?) I believe there is a hold up with activating the units on the live server?

Ziad\\MikeZ\\John - Can somebody please give us an honest answer as to what is going on? My car has not been logged or checked up in a very long time & this was kinda my only solution considering the situation in South Africa

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion
So it's been over a month ago that I had asked about the Uni-Connect.
I know my local dealer (who is 600km away from where I stay) has received his shipment of the devices (maybe 2 weeks back?) I believe there is a hold up with activating the units on the live server?

Ziad\\MikeZ\\John - Can somebody please give us an honest answer as to what is going on? My car has not been logged or checked up in a very long time & this was kinda my only solution considering the situation in South Africa

Yes, we're fulfilling UniConnect orders, in the order that they were received, in a fashion that will not overload our Technical support staff. Yosh will advise you directly when he ships your cable! We're working with Yosh to deploy some UniConnect cables this week in South Africa, but I'm not quite sure where inline you're at. Thanks for your patience!

mtorrent

Passed Driver's Ed
An upgraded FMIC is highly recommended at the Stage 2+ K04 level. You may choose to run a 91 octane specific Stage 2+ file or our standard 93 octane Stage 2+ software, depending on how often you use 93 octane.

Thanks John! I just ordered an S3 IC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

DazzG_177

Yes, we're fulfilling UniConnect orders, in the order that they were received, in a fashion that will not overload our Technical support staff. Yosh will advise you directly when he ships your cable! We're working with Yosh to deploy some UniConnect cables this week in South Africa, but I'm not quite sure where inline you're at. Thanks for your patience!

Thanks so much for the speedy reply John!
I should be with the very first batch, when news of UniConnect was out I pre-ordered mine straight away :thumbsup:
Will just wait it out and let you know when I do get mine :clap:

4DcWMk6

Ready to race!
got my intake today... shes beautiful ... should be a fun saturday!!!

Hardk0re

I'm going to get a tune Tuesday, I don't always have 94 oct available. I would like to be able to go between stage 1 and 1+. Or 1+ and stock.

When will uniconnect be out for 17.5.2 so I can do this? Or can I run stage 1+ on 91 if I don't push the car hard?

trd420

Go Kart Champion
I'm going to get a tune Tuesday, I don't always have 94 oct available. I would like to be able to go between stage 1 and 1+. Or 1+ and stock.

When will uniconnect be out for 17.5.2 so I can do this? Or can I run stage 1+ on 91 if I don't push the car hard?

Yes i ran Uni Stage 2 93oct file in cali on 91oct for about 2 years with no problems... and then went K04 and ran Uni stage 2+ 93oct ko4 file in cali on 91oct for a few months before moving to Houston with no problems..... you be fine just get the stage 1+

maskari_gti1

Go Kart Champion
got my intake today... shes beautiful ... should be a fun saturday!!!

Have you installed the intake yet? I shall be getting mine tomorrow and if i had the chance, I'll install same day.

4DcWMk6

Ready to race!
I didn't get to install it yet. Had something come up ! So you still have time haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion

UniConnect is not currently compatible with the MED17.5.2 ECU. I'd recommend Stage 1, if you're going to use 91 octane in Canada regularly.

WalkerT

Go Kart Champion
Got my Stage 2 tune installed along with a 3" DP and Mid pipe! I am in love with the performance this tune gives! Spools quick, tip in throttle response is much improved, On the highway this is a totally different car! I am also loving this tune matched up with my DSG. Over all it is a win win!

Looking forward to the next steps in modding this car!

PS: I have been running APR stage 2+ on my B7 A4 for five years and this tune feels like works better with this platform and feels alot stonger!