GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Workaholic ratracing driving you insane?

mitsuplexnyc

Ready to race!
I come to this site as an escape throughout the daily grind;I get so tired of running in this ratrace - especially buzzword hurdling. I feel like it is in part, a version of street fighter, with your object aimed at assembling a sentence with the most buzzwords construed together, because, ccccombo breaker.

"blah blah .... leverage... blah... metadata....best of breed....leverage....show stopper....golive....leverage...blah..blah...synergy....leverage....paas....saas..platform as a service...software as a service...kaas ... kegels as a service...leverage"

conference calls ? i zone out. It's disgustingly boring. I think i need a new career, network engineering is a yawn past the first 5 years.

Damn, this sucks. Anyone here have the fortune of getting out of this race and enjoying life?

mitsuplexnyc

Ready to race!
You sir, have made my day.

DougDome

Go Kart Champion
Try being at the office from 8 in the morning until at least midnight. Such is my life until April 17 :/

I miss my car!

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
My ratrace is this forums hobby

:lol:

Reminds me of the old saying... what do forest rangers do to get away from it all.

Regarding the rat race — I find this helps immensely: Bullshit Bingo

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion
I am an architect....always wanted to be one...doing what I dreamed of doing. Still... I am of the opinion that a job is a job and if you have to do the same thing everyday no matter what it is, it gets old. Best thing to do is take vacations and have good hobbies. That being said if you hate what you do there are lots of other things to try, you'll start to hate yourself if you don't try to follow your dreams.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Job = Job. I've always lived that philosophy. But I ultimately wanted to do something in automotive so I literally stressed myself to insanity getting to where I am today. I work for Honda as a Quality Engineer in New Model Development as a liason between R&D and E-Side development. (I'm actually currently in Ohio for R&D Development for a specific unnamed model of the SUV variety)

Sure, people say I have a bitchin job sometimes, but there are days where its just menial tedious work. That's where the "A Job is a Job" philosophy plays into it. That's why I mix the forums into my daily work life so I can keep my sanity. I work on my data and 3D Designs and I click ALT+TAB over to the forums literally every 5-10mins, unless I'm doing testing work or out driving doing problem solving.

Zach84

Ready to race!
I work for a medium size craft brewery. I was a sale manager for them for the past 2 years in FL, just moved back to NY and took over shipping and logistics for the whole company. Sales burnt me out (my previous job for 4 years was in alcohol sales as well, and 5 years as a wine and spirits buyer... Wow I like alcohol, lol. Only recession proof business!) My job now is stressful, but I like problem solving and puzzles and that is what I do everyday. I set up and send out ~60 trucks a month, set production needs for 50,000+ bbls (over 100,000 kegs) of beer a year and a lot more. It is fun and challenging but I love it. A job is what you make of it, and well, I make mine fun...

Bender1

Banned
I am damn good at what I do. I am willing to say, without trying to be an asshole, that I am probably one of the best in the industry at it. THAT SAID, it still gets tedious. I think there are probably days as a race car driver when it is tedious. Other days though... its amazing.

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
Try working in insurance. :bonk:

I've been with the company for 5 years and I'm trying to get out but the job market sucks, despite the fact that at 24 I'm much better qualified for many positions than my peers. As they say, job searching is a full time job....