GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Off-Topic Discussions > OFF-TOPIC Lounge!

Old 03-06-2012, 05:40 PM   #85
deho
Go Kart Champion

Drives: Golf GTI 6Speed Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCandy View Post
If you buy her a car, she will just drive away and find a new boyfriend.

In my personal experience you canot let girls feel like they have options, freedom or a valid opinion.

good luck.
LOL
deho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:12 PM   #86
Veedubgli
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2012 GTI
Ok.....from a girl's perspective....

No need to spend over $1k on her birthday, especially since you've only been together for 5 years. If she's a decent person (which I assume she is or else you wouldn't be with her), then she will love whatever you get her or do for her, no matter how much $$ is spent.

Your idea about a day at the spa w/ friends is a great idea. Also, Lush makes some INCREDIBLE products, that would make great gifts in conjuction with the spa day (kind of like a theme). LUSH
No, I don't work for them. I am just obsessed with their stuff.

That's my female $0.02.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:52 AM   #87
Bender
Banned

Drives: 2014 Focus ST
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatty View Post
^^tryna get her killed

sounds like you've done this before Bender
Not my first rodeo. My wife (and all the girls before her, frankly) is way hotter and smarter than I should be able to get for a reason.

If allergic to flowers look into an eddible arrangement - those things are amazing.

All that said, my general point is that a trip is nice, but its not what matters. You are putting a ton of thought into this, which is good, but you need something to SHOW her you put a lot of thought into it. What is something unique about her that she loves? What is something she loves to do (even basic and simple)? Play that up. For example my wife loves to cook. So as a random present once I got us a cooking class at a local restaurant. She was as good of a cook as the chef and I was the next most skilled in the class so we didn't learn much, but it didn't matter. It was a really fun night and it showed her I was thinking about her.

You won't blow her out of the water by going big, you will blow her out of the water by going smart.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:21 AM   #88
Djmikeyd
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: 2011 Black Autobahn 4Dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Not my first rodeo. My wife (and all the girls before her, frankly) is way hotter and smarter than I should be able to get for a reason.

If allergic to flowers look into an eddible arrangement - those things are amazing.

All that said, my general point is that a trip is nice, but its not what matters. You are putting a ton of thought into this, which is good, but you need something to SHOW her you put a lot of thought into it. What is something unique about her that she loves? What is something she loves to do (even basic and simple)? Play that up. For example my wife loves to cook. So as a random present once I got us a cooking class at a local restaurant. She was as good of a cook as the chef and I was the next most skilled in the class so we didn't learn much, but it didn't matter. It was a really fun night and it showed her I was thinking about her.

You won't blow her out of the water big, you will blow her out of the water by going smart.
OR you just wanted her to make you a sammich.

Revo Stage 2 , SPM Street TBE, Forge Twintake
Djmikeyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:56 AM   #89
dinkdinker
Touring Car Champion

Drives: 2012 VW GTI
Yeesh, she's lucky to have you. I'd never spend that much on a woman for her birthday. You aren't even married to her.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:09 AM   #90
confuc1ous
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2011 gti, 6spd, 2dr, sunroof
lol, the yella fever!

Just do whatever you think will make her happy. I guess at the end of the day if you were planning to drop that kind of coin she is high maintenance and it requires your servitude. Nothing wrong with that, some girls are that way and it doesnt make them bad people.

I think you need to do a weekend in NYC, book a nice hotel room, waldorf perhaps? Then find a mix of museums, bookstores, nice eateries etc... and just enjoy yourselves. I think along with that you also get a good gauge of how she will respond to your ideas etc...
confuc1ous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:49 AM   #91
fatty
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: gti 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post

You won't blow her out of the water by going big, you will blow her out of the water by going smart.
genius
My gf isn't a chef yet but she is trying to cook more.
I think I might get a rental car, teach her how to drive in it, then have her drive to her favorite shopping place, then have her drive to a cooking class. Would have never thought about that thanks Bender
Old 03-07-2012, 11:53 AM   #92
Bender
Banned

Drives: 2014 Focus ST
I would take out the rental car - teaching a loved one how to drive is the worlds most stressful experience and would ruin the day.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:01 PM   #93
confuc1ous
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2011 gti, 6spd, 2dr, sunroof
Yea, thats black eye city right there.
confuc1ous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:46 PM   #94
fatty
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: gti 2011
she's gotta learn eventually haha