GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Instaling VWR ARB front and rear! difficult?.

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
Hi all.
How hard is it to change ARB front and rear?
Just received my VWR setup. Is it a one man job?

I dont have a car lift only a standar jack.
Do i need to take off the wheels?
How long time do I need?

Sorry for all of my questions.

Thanks

APRMK6GTi

Go Kart Champion
Hi all.
How hard is it to change ARB front and rear?
Just received my VWR setup. Is it a one man job?

I dont have a car lift only a standar jack.
Do i need to take off the wheels?
How long time do I need?

Sorry for all of my questions.

Thanks

you can do it with standard jacks, no need to take off wheels. but for the front, you'll have to lower the subframe and it can get quite cramped with just jackstands. if you have never done anything like this before and don't feel comfortable then you should just bring it to a shop.

here is a video, its for the GTI, the front should be the same, but the rear should be different on the R, but usually rear sway bars are much easier to do than the front

EvoKnvl

Ready to race!
Rear is easy. Front not so much. I used a lift for the front...

Rear you can do with a jack/stand. I did it with one side up. Removed wheel and connected the end links. Put wheel back on and lifted the other side. Remove wheel and connect end link. I had to remove the wheels because I replaced the end link

Front I had to do on a lift and a support for the subframe. This is from a Golf R. The stock bar was pretty much impossible to get out without dropping the entire subframe. If you watch the video about them lowering it a little, it's not happening on the R. The brackets on the stocker are pressed in and it's a super tight fit trying to rotate it,

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
Ahh. Thanks m8
Have no problems working around cars. Have almost don all, but never changed the ARB's.
Just wanted to ask here befor I start. Need to scheduel the time with the missis

Thanks for the video

sanyudz

Ready to race!
Recently had a buddy install them on my R. The front was definitely a pain in the ass to be installed on jacks.