GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Potential Golf newbie with A LOT of questions!

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
With the seats up the rear cargo area is pretty small. I can still fit two carry on size rolly suitcases and my emergency duffel as well. Any more cargo and a seat would have to go down.

jmarch

Ready to race!
If you're a golfer I can say that you can fit 3 golf bags in the hatch and possibly a fourth but I haven't tried. I have a two door and my friends have no problem with the back seat. They all tell me that it has tonnes of room. I will say that I do enjoy the winter package. The heated seats and mirrors makes life much nicer. One feature I really enjoy about my car is the sport seats. I purchased the sportline golf (2 door only) which include sport seats, the touch screen audio system, sunroof, fog lights, 17 inch allows, and leather wheel, shifter, and park brake. (23,500 price negotiable obviously)
Oh....one more thing...It features the same sport suspension as the GTI! Minus the electronic limited slip differential. It drives much better than the regular golfs, is comparable to the GTI but obviously lacking the extra power. Test drive!! If you're going to be behind the wheel, are a spirited driver, and can't fork out the extra cash for the GTI, then the sportline golf is the way to go!

tzd

Ready to race!
FYI Automatic transmission cost $1100 more than Manual in the US too. There's plenty of room to fit 4 people for sure, and even 5 is okay for short trips. Nice touch is that even the center seatbelt is 3-point.

Jayross

It looks like the Golf is the car for me!

It doesn't get that snowy, so I'm not worried about the lack of 4motion.

I really prefer automatic; I'm not a car guy.

I am opting for a 5-door trim automatic... although I can't decide between Red Metallic and BGP...

So the MSRP is $23,150 and I'll see what kind of deal I can get.

I am going to look at the cars before hand, of course. I cousin of my has a Golf as well, so I'll take a look at his.

Thanks for the help, everyone!