GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is your A/C any good?

steemax

Go Kart Champion
I've always had this complaint since they day I bought the car. My A/C is just plain useless. It's currenty 94.F outside and it would take my A/C around 20 minutes just to make it bareable inside.

It'll blow hot air for around 5 minutes before it starts getting any cooler than the outside temp.

It's not just me either. Our old S80, 2004 Lincoln Aviator, and Infiniti Q50 would freeze the cabin within minutes even if its 95 outside.

Am I the only one?! Maybe I have a faulty unit? I just need someone to give their input so I know whether or not it's all GTI's or just my car has an issue.

Thanks!

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I think the AC in this car is below average... but that said it shouldn't blow "hot" air for 5 min. It should get cold in about 30 seconds to 1 min.

eduardot

Ready to race!
This is a common complaint about the MK6 GTI. I find that using my windshield heatshield makes a huge difference since it doesn't get as hot inside before starting it. Also, good window film helps a bit for the same reason.

steemax

Go Kart Champion
I think the AC in this car is below average... but that said it shouldn't blow "hot" air for 5 min. It should get cold in about 30 seconds to 1 min.

GTI A/C suck. Its not just you we all are going thru it.

I'd even go ahead and say it's useless to have. It destroys performance drastically in my car.... adds lots of weight and just plain sucks.... better off removing it lol.

Merkle

Banned
The GTI had a shitty A/C system, not to mention it's prone to mildew. I had a series of sinus infections over the course of my VW ownership, sold the car, no more issues, so keep that A/C system clean!

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
I wonder if something is different between the AC in the GTI and the TDI. Because my GTI air takes a few minutes to get cold and my TDI would be cold in seconds. Weird.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
The GTI had a shitty A/C system, not to mention it's prone to mildew. I had a series of sinus infections over the course of my VW ownership, sold the car, no more issues, so keep that A/C system clean!

:laugh: This is a new one

Desert MVIGTI

Go Kart Champion

I'm with Max. Your A/C will never be Lincoln Town Car cold. But the times you are describing are way too long for cooling to start...

steemax

Go Kart Champion
maybe it wouldn't hurt to drop by the dealership on a hot day and test out the AC in a new one.

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
wellllll, idk about yaaa'll but my AC seems pretty good. probably cause my work and home are garaged so its always cool when i jump in, by the time im in the sun its cold as shit. :D

steemax

Go Kart Champion
wellllll, idk about yaaa'll but my AC seems pretty good. probably cause my work and home are garaged so its always cool when i jump in, by the time im in the sun its cold as shit. :D

Lucky for you! but thankfull we're moving to a new office with a garage parking. Can't wait for that.

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
Lucky for you! but thankfull we're moving to a new office with a garage parking. Can't wait for that.

haha id hate parking my car in the sun the whole dawm day. no bueno!