GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2010 GTI owners: have you changed your battery?

spiker369

on air, don't care
For those who haven't replaced the battery. If you've gotten corrosion on the terminals, how did you clean it? I've seen the videos on YouTube to use baking soda and water but it doesn't sound safe to me to pour water on the battery..

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
2011, 13,00 miles and 34 months into my lease.
Died the other day. :eek:

ForzaGTI

Ready to race!
2010 43K as of today. Battery died on me twice. First time, it was my fault, as I left the lights on (before knowing about the VCDS tweak) and just 3 days ago it died when I had the cabin lights on for like 5 minutes before starting the engine. AAA came in a said battery is weak (no leaks).

What good aftermarket replacement do you guys suggest (that fits in the OEM box)?

sijray21

Go Kart Newbie
2010 43K as of today. Battery died on me twice. First time, it was my fault, as I left the lights on (before knowing about the VCDS tweak) and just 3 days ago it died when I had the cabin lights on for like 5 minutes before starting the engine. AAA came in a said battery is weak (no leaks).

What good aftermarket replacement do you guys suggest (that fits in the OEM box)?

check with the dealers in your area. there was also a $25 gift cert that was distributed a couple weeks ago to original owners. my battery ended up costing a little over $100 at the dealer with that gift cert and it's guaranteed for 5 years with the receipt (cheaper than most options that I found by a huge margin).

my original battery lasted 83k and 4.5 years for me. it was drained a couple times due to leaving the interior lights on a couple times.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
VW batteries suck balls.

buy yourself a advanced battery for like 60-70 bucs and be done with her. I bought one and havent had issues since my friend with a 2010 is on his 4th VW battery

He only buys oem stuff.

WAP

Go Kart Champion
My Mk4 battery lasted 7 years and was still cranking strong when I replaced it, but I swapped it out because I just thought it was time.

Going on 4 years on my Mk6 battery and all is well so far.

I've always had good luck with VW oem batteries