GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

recognized1's 2011 GTI Build Thread

recognized1

Go Kart Champion
Do they handle better than stock though? i have heard they are nice and comfortable, but as a result, don't drive well.

I have never auto crossed my cars but have always like to test the limits of my suspension on curves I have encountered and loved how it handles. I have my dampening set halfway mainly because its my daily driver still.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

recognized1

Go Kart Champion
The next project is here!

NeedsMoar

Passed Driver's Ed
Nice build thread Rec1. I think it looks fanfrickintastic with the Koni's and the Detroits.

Have you managed to get the pendulum spacer above installed yet? I'd like to hear how that works out for you as I'm interested in the crisper shifts and lessened wheel hop it is supposed to give. And I'm curious how much it winds up costing to get it installed.

aw6141

Go Kart Champion
it was great talking to you today at fixxfest, I didnt know you put an upgraded mount on, I should have asked you about it doh.

recognized1

Go Kart Champion
it was great talking to you today at fixxfest, I didnt know you put an upgraded mount on, I should have asked you about it doh.

Same here bro. I actually have not had a chance to install it. I may finally get around to getting this done next weekend.

mkvince

Go Kart Champion
Car looks great! The ride height is perfect IMO. What's the FTG measurement? Also, what's your dampening setting?

recognized1

Go Kart Champion
Car looks great! The ride height is perfect IMO. What's the FTG measurement? Also, what's your dampening setting?

Thanks! The car was recently raised a little since it is a daily driver again but for my wife.

Front is 24 3/8" Rear is 24 7/8" in the most recent pics taken on Sunday.

The dampening settings are at half for front and back. I prefer them a little stiffer but since I don't drive it as much try to compromise.

mkvince

Go Kart Champion
Thanks! The car was recently raised a little since it is a daily driver again but for my wife.

Front is 24 3/8" Rear is 24 7/8" in the most recent pics taken on Sunday.

The dampening settings are at half for front and back. I prefer them a little stiffer but since I don't drive it as much try to compromise.

Cool. I just placed an ordered on the Koni coils, and I think I'm going to use your setting. It's not copy-righted right? lol