GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

valve cover gasket leak...?

McQueen77

Banned
Let's just say here, if we didn't get this fixed, is there a distinct possibility of a rupture or "blowing" the valve cover gasket?

I was told it would jut get worse

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
Oh joy it looks like I have this problem too :( I've noticed a small oil puddle in my garage under my car...found this thread and checked my car a few minutes ago. Bingo!!! Dammit...now I'm wondering again why I keep spending money on this car... Hopefully the dealer will take care of me again.

ILMGTI

Ready to race!
Just saw this leak on saturday:

I cleaned it up on saturday and looked at the engine today, still the same.

Where could it be leaking from?

Thanks!

Attachments

• iphoto.JPG
    iphoto.JPG
    179 KB · Views: 3,652

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
Luckily mine was just a spill during an oil change that mimicked the valve cover leak.

DeathMoJo1

Ready to race!
Since the MKVI has been released as this gasket been revised at all? Just wondering as i have a '13 but no issues yet with oil leaks.

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
Since the MKVI has been released as this gasket been revised at all? Just wondering as i have a '13 but no issues yet with oil leaks.

It's just a green gel. This failure is quite rare from what I've heard.

TXBDan

Go Kart Champion
Mine is seeping a bit, too. It happens when you up the boost.

Is there a DIY for this somewhere?

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Any more updates on this? I took mine to the dealer for it's 30k and asked to inspect my seal leak. Tech cleaned it up and claimed it was leaking out my oil cap because of aftermarket parts, lol... I responded. Umm, no. It is clearly leaking out the sensor and it appears to be leaking out of the crankcase seal itself. They cleaned up the area and told me to monitor it and report back. I shall snap pics with it's fresh oil spewing out and see what they will do for me.

For those interested.. 2012 stage II APR tuned 29k miles tuned since 1k. Has been seeping oil here since new.

On a side note, after autocrossing last weekend I could practically see it coming out the seal. More pressure, more seepage.. want this buttoned up before I run out of warranty (if they will honor it at all...)

MKVI_noizsky

Ready to race!
Just saw this leak on saturday:

I cleaned it up on saturday and looked at the engine today, still the same.

Where could it be leaking from?

Thanks!

Thats coming from the Upper timing chain cover just tight the 5 side bolts ;)

honda2vw

Ready to race!
2013 with 5k miles

Noticed it was a bit low on oil and saw a small leak. Coil packs had some oil on them also.

Going in thursday.

All stock except intake

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Thanks, went to the dealer last week and they cleaned the oil cap seal. No leakage since then. :thumbup:

my dealer tried to pull the oil cap thing on me.. I shall clean mine and see what happens. Sure looks like the gasket seal to me or at the very least the sensor leaking in the front there.

Bruh Man

Go Kart Champion
my dealer tried to pull the oil cap thing on me.. I shall clean mine and see what happens. Sure looks like the gasket seal to me or at the very least the sensor leaking in the front there.

Same here-I get a bit of blow by all around, but it's most noticeable around the sensor. Notice any performance issues?

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
I get a brief hesitation when I go WOT as boost is building to peak but no clue if this is related or not. Would be interesting if it is since I've had this hesitation ever since going stage I. You can't feel it with stock programming.. probably because I only boost like 8-10 psi there.. haha