GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Audi TT seats retrofit

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
I picked up a set of TT leather seats with the alcantara from a local junkyard for a very good price. I am wanting to retrofit them on my gti, but I could use some help with the wiring.

I have to convert the connectors to vw connectors. I pulled some harnesses that were the same as mine from a b6 Passat.

Passat and TT seat harnesses https://imgur.com/gallery/IQZS0

The Passat driver's seat was fully powered, but I am not sure if my gti has all the power pins under the driver's seat. My car came with heated seats and the TT ones I got have the green connector for heated seats.

How would I power both seats. Has anyone converted to fully powered front seats that can help me out?

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
I had them in my GTI, the seats just need power not connected to ECU or anything. They are great for GTI.

This link was helpful for me.
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?6941302-TT-seat-swap-DIY

Also the passenger air bag sensor will probably need to be swapped.
http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138969

Pic of my car. I have since sold the seats and moved to Recaros.

I saw your thread on the TT seats before I bought my set. I have been trying to find two door leather gti seats for mk6 and I hadn't had much luck as all the seats I could find were 4 door and wouldn't recline forward to let people sit in my car.

I found the TT seats for really cheap. They had gotten wet on the driver side, but there wasn't any damage from it. I checked under the leather and everything looked good. They do have some wear creases on the bolster, but they aren't missing the pigmentation so they don't need to be dyed I don't believe. I am going to treat the seats with leatherique and figure out the wiring. I found this a3 to TT seat swap:

http://forums.fourtitude.com/showthread.php?6941302-TT-seat-swap-DIY#/topics/6941302

Looks like you don't have to add the airbag pressure sensor and the TT one can be used. On the recaros, I don't think it had the airbag sensor and it had to be retrofitted to not have and error light.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
I saw your thread on the TT seats before I bought my set. I have been trying to find two door leather gti seats for mk6 and I hadn't had much luck as all the seats I could find were 4 door and wouldn't recline forward to let people sit in my car.

I found the TT seats for really cheap. They had gotten wet on the driver side, but there wasn't any damage from it. I checked under the leather and everything looked good. They do have some wear creases on the bolster, but they aren't missing the pigmentation so they don't need to be dyed I don't believe. I am going to treat the seats with leatherique and figure out the wiring. I found this a3 to TT seat swap:

http://forums.fourtitude.com/showthread.php?6941302-TT-seat-swap-DIY#/topics/6941302

Looks like you don't have to add the airbag pressure sensor and the TT one can be used. On the recaros, I don't think it had the airbag sensor and it had to be retrofitted to not have and error light.

You "might" have to switch them. Try it without worst that can happen is you have to pull passenger seat out and switch.

You will love the seats. Only reason I got rid of them is my car is getting a makeover as a primarily streetable track car and I need to be held in better and use the multi-point track belts etc.

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
You "might" have to switch them. Try it without worst that can happen is you have to pull passenger seat out and switch.

You will love the seats. Only reason I got rid of them is my car is getting a makeover as a primarily streetable track car and I need to be held in better and use the multi-point track belts etc.

I am doing a leatherique treatment to them before I install them. I autocross my car sometimes and the seats feel deeper and sportier than the stock GTI seats. Going to modd the back rear to fit a footwell light as well.

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
Does anyone know what leather rear seats will fit our cars, besides the OEM GTI leather rear seats? I can't find the rear leather seats for the 2 Door GTI and I was wondering if there were any other cars the rear leather seats would fit from, like Audi A3(I don't think there is a 2 door) or the A5/S5 coupe?

MkvNR

Had the TT seats installed and love them. Definitely hug you a lot better. Passengers side wire cover needs to be trimmed on my mkv gti because the seat moving forward would catch the cover. The wire cover and airbag sensor were small set backs imo. I'm happy with the seats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
Had the TT seats installed and love them. Definitely hug you a lot better. Passengers side wire cover needs to be trimmed on my mkv gti because the seat moving forward would catch the cover. The wire cover and airbag sensor were small set backs imo. I'm happy with the seats

Yeah, they look and fit much better than the stock seats. Now, how did they wire the power to the passenger seat as there only 3 pins in the seat harness for heat and nothing else. Did they run a separate power cable to the passenger seat?

Also, would the A5 coupe rear seats fit our cars since they would match up nicely with the front seats

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
Was looking at my underseat harnesses and I don't have enough pins to add power and ground for the TT seats. Drivers side only has pins for 6 wires on the drivers side and 3 on the passenger side. Looks like the airbag cable and plug is the same for both TT and GTI:

I sasw on the A3 forums that they added power cables in the harness on 8 and 9 slots of the big black harness, but there wouldn't be a pin in the female socket to power them. I pulled some sockets from passats that had at least 8 pins already in them. Would I have to swap these out of the floor of my car and wire the Passat ones in and splice into a constant 12v power and ground in the car?

Tried looking for pics, but all older posts have the pics not valid since they were photo bucket

Last edited:

MkvNR

I have no idea. Had a guy who knew what he was doing install them. Before the TT seats I had the powered leather which helped out a lot. Passenger seat did take some extra steps but he managed to make it work. Don't know what it could hurt or help but I'll take a pic of my wiring setup plugged in

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Yeah, they look and fit much better than the stock seats. Now, how did they wire the power to the passenger seat as there only 3 pins in the seat harness for heat and nothing else. Did they run a separate power cable to the passenger seat?

Also, would the A5 coupe rear seats fit our cars since they would match up nicely with the front seats

I ran a seperate power cable for my Audi seats and wired direct to each seat as I had manual seats prior.

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
I have no idea. Had a guy who knew what he was doing install them. Before the TT seats I had the powered leather which helped out a lot. Passenger seat did take some extra steps but he managed to make it work. Don't know what it could hurt or help but I'll take a pic of my wiring setup plugged in

I only have heated seats stock, so I don't have power to the socket where the seats plug in. I got some harnesses from a junked b6 passat that has the same connectors and I am adding a power cable/ground to the socket under the seat and the harness already has both. I will have to run it to constant 12v and ground under the carpet. If you have pics, that would be cool to have.

I got the heated seats working already and I swapped the occupancy module from my seat to the TT seat. I had one wire on the smaller black plug that did not have a corresponding wire on the TT plug. Trying to figure all that out before moving to the Drivers seat.

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
I ran a seperate power cable for my Audi seats and wired direct to each seat as I had manual seats prior.

Do you have a pic? Did you wire it to the constant 12v under the door trim to the right of the seat?

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Do you have a pic? Did you wire it to the constant 12v under the door trim to the right of the seat?

I had an audio bass amp under drivers seat with big gauge 12v line already run to it. Just used that source. No pics sorry. You can just take car to any stereo shop and have them run a line a fused line for you to each seat area and then all you have to do is use crip fitting to make the final connection. Just a thought.

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
I got the power seats wired, along with the seat belts and occupancy sensor. I swapped the occupancy sensor with one i pulled from a mk6 golf at the junkyard and used harnesses I pulled from that car to add new wires to both the floor cable harness and the golf seat harness for power and ground. I also added wires for rear footwell lights so I could unplug those in a single harness.

Now I am trying to figure out the seat heating circuit on the drivers side seat. There are 6 wires on the big black harness aside from the 2 I added. The passenger side only had 3 wires for heat. What are the 3 extra wires for?