GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Leaking rear main, excessive crankcase pressure!

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
you sure it's a gen 2 motor because gen 2 tsi's didn't come in Vw's they were only put in audi's.

We're the mk5s not a gen 1 then? Or were they a tfsi until just before the Mk6? [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
We're the mk5s not a gen 1 then? Or were they a tfsi until just before the Mk6? [emoji848]

I don't think there is officially a "Gen 2" from VW.

The FSI that showed in VAG cars like the MKV was not referred to as a "gen" engine. The EA888 TSI "gen 1" starting showing up in 08.5 in the MKV cars and was in all Mk6 gti and other models. The EA888 TSI that was released in 2013.5 in the Beetle and GLI and is now in the MK7 is referred to as the "Gen 3"

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion

Like stated above me Mk5's in 2008.5 started using the tsi gen 1 motor. Mk6 gti's all got gen 1 tsi motors. Gen 3 motors were used in the 2013.5 beetles and gli's but those gen 3's were non Mqb. Gen 2 tsi motors were only used in Audi's and that's it.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Panic over! As I thought it was down to the new revision seal being incorrectly fitted in the same way the old revision is fitted! If I hadn't had the internet and wasn't able to research this as much as I did I'd never have known, as the shop had not thought to check that their ELSAWIN was updated they simply followed the old revision fitting guide and as far as they were concerned there must have been another issue such as crankcase pressure seeing two new seals were fitted and both leaked! Third time lucky as they say! The new revision rear main 06K103171G is a very recent release so I can understand the confusion, it's a far better design and should eliminate the weakness of the earlier type.