GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Regional Forums > California

Old 08-17-2017, 11:49 PM   #2927
somerset9
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2014 GTI 6MT Wolfsburg Edition
Either of you going to Fastivus this weekend?

@Blaznjoe how is the Neuspeed discharge pipe? I'm upgrading some of the pipings on my engine (incl Neuspeed FMIC) in preparation for stage 1 and heard that while it doesn't unlock much power helps with the turbo lag and throttle response.
Old 08-18-2017, 12:11 AM   #2928
PromoFLB
Autocross Champion

Drives: 2013 CW Wolfsburg
I'll be there.
2013 CW Wolfsburg GTI: / Airlift Performance 3H / GFB DV+ / Neuspeed P-Flo / Neuspeed Sway Bars / Whiteline Rear Adjustable Endlink / ECStuning Adjustable Front Endlink / Stoptech BBK /SuperPro LCA Kit / OEM LED Tail Lights / TyrolSport Deadset Kits / OSRAM LEDriving Xenarc Headlights
GONE - 2010 UG GTI
PromoFLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 01:48 AM   #2929
Blaznjoe
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2012 MK6 GTI 2-D CSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by somerset9 View Post

@Blaznjoe how is the Neuspeed discharge pipe? I'm upgrading some of the pipings on my engine (incl Neuspeed FMIC) in preparation for stage 1 and heard that while it doesn't unlock much power helps with the turbo lag and throttle response.

I'm probably not going to make it to Fastivus this year 70/30 at this point.
Unfortunately I don't remember the effects of the Neuspeed Charge and Discharge pipes as I installed both with CAI five years ago plus I wasn't even tuned. I also went straight to stage 2 about a year later and do remember how much harder the GTI pulled after Stage 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GIAC Stage 2e40|SPM Street DP|SACHS Performance Coilovers|VOLK ZE40's|Neuspeed BBK,Pulley,P-Flo,TOP,FMIC,CBE,SS brakelines,& ShortShifter|Whiteline ALK|Hotchkis F & R Swaybars|Autotech Rotors|Hawk Pads|EuroSport X-Brace|TyrolSport DS SF C Kits|GFB DV+|SB.S2.SMFW|Wavetrac|Michelin PSS|Podi|ECS CatchCan www.kopropo.com/america/
Blaznjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 11:01 AM   #2930
somerset9
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2014 GTI 6MT Wolfsburg Edition
I see.. I'm on the fence about it. Gotta save up for stage 1 and the eventual clutch replacement
Old 09-14-2017, 02:45 PM   #2931
Pmanpop
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 2011 Vw GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by somerset9 View Post

I did all the boost pipes the same time I installed the Neuspeed fmic. It changed the way the boost would build up. Car became a lot less punchy and a lot more linear. Some would consider it made the car feel slow since there wasn't a surge of boost but I enjoyed the linearity
Mods: OEM led Golf R Tails, Magnaflow CBE, Whiteline 24mm Rear Sway Bar, Koni Coilovers, BSH Pendulum mount, Neuspeed rse12 18x8 et45, 225/40/18 tires, rolled pulled bacon fenders, TTRS BBK, Giac stage 2 clutchbuster
Pmanpop is offline   Reply With Quote