GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat16:Race For 10K Posts - Will Achieve Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
For those who were wondering, gtis are much slower than 2016 corvette z06s's. Who knew amirite? its only 650 horsepower stock.

Slow day. I broke stuff in my car at the track yesterday. Cool story.
was there, couldve been worse doe.
Oh no! That sucks. What broke?

My buddy Mike came out, first track day, recent model (dunno the year) WRX. Spun a rod bearing in his first session out.

I haven't Johnny-5'd my car yet, but outward appearances suggest it actually survived yesterday.

Been poking around in the data between meetings today. Not the most friendly software... but if I'm interpreting what I'm seeing correctly, PSM engaging cost me over 2s in just two turns (6 and 19). PSM was cutting in hard on me in 2, 6, 19. Odd that the car would "behave" for the out lap... but by L2/L3, PSM was engaging in damn near every sweeping turn where I needed throttle to rotate the car. Those two turns, L1 of every session yesterday, was 2.5s quicker than all the other laps in the session.

Stupid modern cars won't let you fully disable the nannies even when the "OFF" button is pushed. There is a fix... just costs money of course. Gonna add it to the list of winter projects...

i saw omni in person, but i think you have me blocked on here :iono: ....so anyways someone forward to him that i like his wing. good looking car yeah
Eh nothing crazy, a small clunk in the front end, not sure what yet. I have to get under and check it out but I was too tired when I got home last night so I just parked it.

What downed me in the second to last session was the bracket for my meth tank literally breaking and sending my 2.5 gallon meth tank over to the other side of the trunk. Very easy fix and will cost me ~$5 and a trip to home depot.

I was still able to drive all day. I changed my front rotors this past weekend though, went with a slightly more aggressive pad in the front and I think I upset the bias to the rear now. I was not putting the same times down as I was when I went to autobahn earlier in the year. Was doing 2:53 yesterday and I was getting a little loose when trail braking which never really happened all that much before. It was definitely costing me some time. Not sure if I just have to re learn and adjust with the more aggressive pad or if I should even out the rear with the same pad.
yeah your car was hauling out there for sure

i too haz a clunk in front end.

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
Seriously. The kids on that mk7 fb page are something else. Every kid with a dogbone mount thinks their car is a Bugatti killer.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

But what if they really are Bugatti killers and no one knows it?

Jaber

Modero
Seriously. The kids on that mk7 fb page are something else. Every kid with a dogbone mount thinks their car is a Bugatti killer.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

MK7 kids also never wave. MK6 bros usually give me a thumbs up, nod or roll down their windows.

But what if they really are Bugatti killers and no one knows it?

I poop bugatti's every morning.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Also, focus RS's appearing at the track sooner than i thought they would. dat drift mode.

accurate^

i see mk7 gtis everywhere now, hardly see mk6...they mustve increased production numbers by a decent amount. :iono:
MK7 kids also never wave. MK6 bros usually give me a thumbs up, nod or roll down their windows.
I poop bugatti's every morning.

^ accurate. still a volkswagen right

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
I wave to all Gtis. The only wave backs I get are from mk5s.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Started digging into the car last night.

Rotors are definitely done. Calipers will need a rebuild this winter... dust boots were in pretty sad shape.

Someone torqued the GD caliper bolts to what must've been close to 300ft-lb. Broke my allen socket with my ratchet trying to crack it loose. Fabbed up a new allen key (cut up a piece of 10mm stock) and used my monster impact on it (rated to 300) and couldn't bust them loose! Torque spec is 65!

Required a lot of heat on the spindle to get them to give, and a giant breaker bar. Motherf*****. Ran a tap down through the hole afterwards and looks like the threads are actually fine, they were heli-coiled....

If I didn't need a brake fluid flush before it definitely needs it now....

Here's a vid of my best lap of the day, which was in my 2nd session (first session was only 3 laps and cut short due to black flag)... odd that it was my quickest time since it's fairly sloppy and not my best driving...

Still, a good shakedown day.

My optimal according to the AiM data is a 2:46.3... I imagine once I clear up the PSM issues and a little more seat time to increase my comfort with the car I should be there pretty easy.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do

Rotors are definitely done. Calipers will need a rebuild this winter... dust boots were in pretty sad shape.

Someone torqued the GD caliper bolts to what must've been close to 300ft-lb. Broke my allen socket with my ratchet trying to crack it loose. Fabbed up a new allen key (cut up a piece of 10mm stock) and used my monster impact on it (rated to 300) and couldn't bust them loose! Torque spec is 65!

Required a lot of heat on the spindle to get them to give, and a giant breaker bar. Motherf*****. Ran a tap down through the hole afterwards and looks like the threads are actually fine, they were heli-coiled....

Here's a vid of my best lap of the day, which was in my 2nd session (first session was only 3 laps and cut short due to black flag)... odd that it was my quickest time since it's fairly sloppy and not my best driving...

My optimal according to the AiM data is a 2:46.3... I imagine once I clear up the PSM issues and a little more seat time to increase my comfort with the car I should be there pretty easy.

jesus christ, Why/how would someone torque the caliper bolts that much?

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie

What circus monkeys built your car? Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.