GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com



Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Regional Forums > Northwest

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-10-2014, 11:53 PM   #29
dwgolf
FIA World Rally Car Champion
 
dwgolf's Avatar
 
Drives: In style
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: washington
Posts: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SIKGTI View Post
Here is mine.
Side view!
dwgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:55 PM   #30
sprytdi
FIA GT Newbie
 
Drives: looking for another
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: snoqualmie falls
Posts: 789
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwgolf View Post
I....Hate you. Seriously though, This car is pure sex.
Thanks man

I've got a 42DD catch can coming and I'm planning on adding H2O/meth by the end of the month...

It's a constant work in progress, I couldn't have accomplished much of it without the forums, so, thnx MK6 FORUM

Planning on installing coils by the end of March, with just a couple more things to do till she's done.

RSR clutch, UNiBrace hardware, slotted rotors and a Haldex comp controller round out the list

Anyone looking for a game changer should look at getting the APR ESC defeat file loaded into their ECM, it's one of the best changes I've made and it's fairly cheap, if not free if your having other stuff done, and it totally changes the fun potential of the vehicle
sprytdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:59 PM   #31
sprytdi
FIA GT Newbie
 
Drives: looking for another
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: snoqualmie falls
Posts: 789
Just for fun, cuz I love er and can't leave er out...

My Chevy

sprytdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 12:06 AM   #32
dwgolf
FIA World Rally Car Champion
 
dwgolf's Avatar
 
Drives: In style
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: washington
Posts: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprytdi View Post
Thanks man

I've got a 42DD catch can coming and I'm planning on adding H2O/meth by the end of the month...

It's a constant work in progress, I couldn't have accomplished much of it without the forums, so, thnx MK6 FORUM

Planning on installing coils by the end of March, with just a couple more things to do till she's done.

RSR clutch, UNiBrace hardware, slotted rotors and a Haldex comp controller round out the list

Anyone looking for a game changer should look at getting the APR ESC defeat file loaded into their ECM, it's one of the best changes I've made and it's fairly cheap, if not free if your having other stuff done, and it totally changes the fun potential of the vehicle
I understand the constant work in progress. My girl... ahh she doesn't get it. So I have a tune shop in Bellevue building me a full turbo kit and intake manifold. Then, I'll be going to Achtuning to get all the flashes.

Already having a turbo, is it to much to turbo an NA engine? the hell am I talking about, the money is already spent. I mean, is it to hard to maintain?
dwgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 12:38 AM   #33
sprytdi
FIA GT Newbie
 
Drives: looking for another
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: snoqualmie falls
Posts: 789
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwgolf View Post
I understand the constant work in progress. My girl... ahh she doesn't get it. So I have a tune shop in Bellevue building me a full turbo kit and intake manifold. Then, I'll be going to Achtuning to get all the flashes.

Already having a turbo, is it to much to turbo an NA engine? the hell am I talking about, the money is already spent. I mean, is it to hard to maintain?
Those are good questions for the builder.

I know that some blocks work better than others with boost, typically you can run 5-8psi on a N/A motor and be just fine, this will typically add a solid %35 whp gain, which is usually a nice bump, but from there, your looking at a full build.

Also, some blocks don't take to the pressures, the rings on the pistons need to be different, and wind age comes into play, it's not as simple as just adding a turbo, but really it all depends on your goals.

Maintenance shouldn't be any different.

Most women aren't going to "get it" in fact most people in general don't, it's typically only people like us, here in the forums that "get it"

That's why this and so many other forums are so great to read and fun for "us" while others are like, w(hy)TF do you spend so much time reading that boring stuff, lol

My wife doesn't totally "get it" either, although she lets me spend the money, and always loves the vehicles when they are done...

But we are here for you

sprytdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 02:16 AM   #34
dwgolf
FIA World Rally Car Champion
 
dwgolf's Avatar
 
Drives: In style
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: washington
Posts: 660
thanks

I looked up the turbo kit from bluewater and the turbo kit used in the Mk5. Pistons, rods, hoses, fuel lines, injectors; every thing was upgraded; Intercooler. I was told I wouldn't have to change intervals though. Judging from the shop, the 2.5l can handle 600hp max, before having to change a lot of stuff. I wish I knew a lot about cars, VW's specifically. All I know is the suspension needed to be upgraded.

By the way, that's a very manly truck. Like it
dwgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 03:17 AM   #35
sprytdi
FIA GT Newbie
 
Drives: looking for another
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: snoqualmie falls
Posts: 789
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwgolf View Post
I looked up the turbo kit from bluewater and the turbo kit used in the Mk5. Pistons, rods, hoses, fuel lines, injectors; every thing was upgraded; Intercooler. I was told I wouldn't have to change intervals though. Judging from the shop, the 2.5l can handle 600hp max, before having to change a lot of stuff. I wish I knew a lot about cars, VW's specifically. All I know is the suspension needed to be upgraded.

By the way, that's a very manly truck. Like it
Bluewater makes nice products fer sure, I'd double check that 600hp claim, the block may be able to handle it, but the internals will fail at far less, your fuel requirements at that power level are at least 2x greater than stock components can provide, what size turbo is needed for that power level for a 2.5? You gotta think about the cooling system(both your engine coolant and engine oil) when adding turbos, turbos create massive heat and need to be able to shed it, they use oil for lubrication and cooling properties and typically have a coolant line running through it as well. So with that in mind, adding the ability to cool everything needs to taken into account as well.

Suspension is a whole other thread,lol

I like our truck too, thanks
It's 700whp kinda manly, btw, Duramax FTW baby

Last edited by sprytdi; 01-11-2014 at 09:01 PM.
sprytdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 01:54 PM   #36
dwgolf
FIA World Rally Car Champion
 
dwgolf's Avatar
 
Drives: In style
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: washington
Posts: 660
setup

You are a really big help. I talked to the shop and were are running a t3/t4 setup turbo kit (10-14PSI). This project is very expensive. But when I'm done, I should have around 400HP. But I don't want that much. I would much rather have a big turbo and run about 8PSI and yes 600HP on stock intervals sounds make-believe.
dwgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 02:04 PM   #37
1SIKGTI
Autocross Champion
 
Drives: 2013 GTI, 2011 STI, 1987 CRX SI
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: TX
Posts: 116
side

1SIKGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 02:08 PM   #38
dwgolf
FIA World Rally Car Champion
 
dwgolf's Avatar
 
Drives: In style
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: washington
Posts: 660
your ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SIKGTI View Post
Never thought of white wheels. Wonder how that would look on graphite blue. I like it man
dwgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 02:37 PM   #39
1SIKGTI
Autocross Champion
 
Drives: 2013 GTI, 2011 STI, 1987 CRX SI
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: TX
Posts: 116



i also have the B6 Audi S4 wheels avus white




Plastidip just for the winter to protect the wheels.

Last edited by 1SIKGTI; 01-11-2014 at 02:43 PM.
1SIKGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 03:04 PM   #40
dwgolf
FIA World Rally Car Champion
 
dwgolf's Avatar
 
Drives: In style
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: washington
Posts: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SIKGTI View Post



i also have the B6 Audi S4 wheels avus white




Plastidip just for the winter to protect the wheels.
i tried plasti dip. I paint wheels for a living. Never tried white. I wish I knew more MK6ers in washington. Ones I've met were douche bags.

Last edited by dwgolf; 01-12-2014 at 04:29 AM.
dwgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 01:45 PM   #41
BoostedVW11
GolfMK6 Elite
 
BoostedVW11's Avatar
 
Drives: 2003 Subaru Wrx Stage 2
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Posts: 17,010
dat tank build quality
__________________
There is no great genius without some touch of madness.

chyeah
BoostedVW11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 04:43 PM   #42
syonxwf
Formula 5000 Champion
 
syonxwf's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 MKVI GTI
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Federal Way, WA
Posts: 2,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwgolf View Post
i tried plasti dip. I paint wheels for a living. Never tried white. I wish I knew more MK6ers in washington. Ones I've met were douche bags.
Where abouts are you? I saw what I think was your car 2-3 weeks back heading down the Kent/Des Moines highway towards Kent, it was same color, tinted, with black wheels, 2.5, etc.


Here's my baby...though she's currently at the shop
They think my upper control arm bushing is toast...at under 12k miles, that's not a good sign lol.



__________________
// 2013 CSG GTI 6M // APR K04 v3.1 Low Output // Neuspeed FMIC // IE Intake // Sigma 6 SS // Ed's LED Tails // H&R Ultra Low Coilovers // Eurojet DP // Custom 3" Catback & Vibrant Resonator // Neuspeed Torque Insert // SB S2 Daily Clutch w/SMFW
// 2013 RAM 1500 Quad Cab // Custom 3" Stainless Exhaust // Dual Cherry Bomb Extreme Mufflers // Anzo U-Bar Black Headlights
syonxwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.