GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How would you/how much to repair this scratch? (pics)

BackToVWs

Ready to race!
Thanks for any help or advice. no idea WHERE this came from, it looks like a pretty broad scratch...almost like a key.....:mad:

Hoosier

Passed Driver's Ed
Do not think Dr. Color chip will fix that. Paint shop probably. How long is it? Looks pretty deep... That sucks..The way its cupped, or v patterned it looks like a rivet from jeans. You don't let people sit or lean on it do you?

BackToVWs

Ready to race!
the best car shop in town just quoted me for $797 dollars :-/

thoughts? apparently they would need to work on the whole panel, plus the labor for removing all the other body panels to get to it

Stocktastic1

Go Kart Champion
It looks really small.

I might would just leave it.

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
the best car shop in town just quoted me for $797 dollars :-/

thoughts? apparently they would need to work on the whole panel, plus the labor for removing all the other body panels to get to it

holy hell thats expenseive!! i have a similar one from my clip on my knife when i was trying to slide into my car. honestly i would not pay 800 bones to fix that. id rather save it for something else. sorry man.:(

BackToVWs

Ready to race!
holy hell thats expenseive!! i have a similar one from my clip on my knife when i was trying to slide into my car. honestly i would not pay 800 bones to fix that. id rather save it for something else. sorry man.:(
i agree

they say it's too deep to repair without working on the whole panel. Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

maybe I can just really really wax it heavy, and just prevent it from getting worse

McQueen77

Banned
just polish, buff, wax or wahtever and leave it. your door will be covered in damage soon enough and at some point, pay your deductible and get it all taken care of.

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
maybe some wet sanding, then adding a small amount of clear coat finish, and top it off with a white wax? idk i know little to nothing about body work so dont rip me to shreds lol.

BackToVWs

Ready to race!
just polish, buff, wax or wahtever and leave it. your door will be covered in damage soon enough and at some point, pay your deductible and get it all taken care of.

im a huge noob to using the whole insurance thing to gt scratches repaired. can you explain this a bit more? thanks!

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
im a huge noob to using the whole insurance thing to gt scratches repaired. can you explain this a bit more? thanks!

iTHINK hes saying wait til your car gets some real damage then go through your insurance ( paying your deductible), and get everything fixed.:iono:

502fasthatch

Ready to race!
Thats alot of money man i would get some touch up paint and apply it to were it is above the rest of the paint . Then let dry for 2 or 3 days until hard and then yur going to wetsand the surface down to a smooth flush surface with the scratch filled in. After that hit it with a good compund and polish everything out. Ive done this and saved 1000's it would be alot better looking on your white paint then it would my Carbon steel gray The white will just blend in better. This is almost a diy job if you watch enough youtube videos.

Thumper

Autocross Champion

Call your insurance company and file a comprehensive claim for vandalism. It's easy. :D

Or fill it with touch up and light sand/polish and live with it ;)

502fasthatch

Ready to race!
It's easy. :D

Or fill it with touch up and light sand/polish and live with it ;)

Do this man your car is white and the touch up will blend very well after wetsanding and buffing i have done this treatment to a few other white cars ive owned and it always works out great.