GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

lilfleck - The Rebuild - Focus: Function

typeronin

Ready to race!
Great build thread. I'm going for a similar build, nothing too extreme, just stage 1, some other things to improve driveability and some subtle exterior things. Like a bit of an upgrade over stock.

jnj2455

Ready to race!
Ugh, it pains me to think of more people running over that thing. It shouldn't be often that it happens. Just terrible. My insurance rates went up even though they deemed me not at fault. Some insurance system we have...

That's messed up, so you just claimed everything on your own policy and because of that, it still went up even though it was of no fault of your own. Really, it was a freak accident.

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
That's messed up, so you just claimed everything on your own policy and because of that, it still went up even though it was of no fault of your own. Really, it was a freak accident.

My insurance footed the bill initially (rightfully so as I didn't want to wait on another company to pay for my car). Then they chased down the other company, got money from them. Gave me my deductible back. Told me it wasn't my fault (police report confirmed too). Raised my rates.

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
Unfortunately did not take proper before and after pics of the DG Springs. It is a very minimal drop. Most of my friends poked fun of me, asking me when I'm going to drop it... oh well, I'm not going for a slammed car this time around.

Before:

After:

Random, I ordered a pair of knock off sunglasses and they came from DingDongPark... lol

Handling:
I've noticed a definite increase in handling ability. The car is tighter around turns. I hear the tires working more around turns. It sticks better. Rear is more solid.

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
Prior to the install, I had planned on installing/trying out these:

Unfortunately, I had ordered the wrong size...

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
This past weekend, I was set on buying a new set of summer wheels. Lightweigh OZ's in gunmetal w/ sticky summers on them. I ended up backing out last minute :(

I have some really big expenses coming up next year and dropping >$1k on a non-essential is really not a smart decision. For That much money I can have myself a new intercooler AND install the APR K04 sitting in my garage.

Decisions, decisions...

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
Got me some OEM Dark Cherry tails. I will say one thing, the reps for these tails are REALLY good...

Cherry Reps vs OEM Dark Cherry

Cherry Reps

Dark Cherry OEM

Reverse

Dark Cherry OEM vs Cherry Reps

Frank@KMD1

Go Kart Champion
Nice car lilfleck.
cheers to you for getting another CW GTI!

the tails look great. Golf R tails are always a nice thing to see!

Last edited:

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
Removed cabin filter and cleaned the AC system with a can of lysol. Seems to have worked. Time will tell.

41k: