GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

To upgrade or get something new

Jmoore412

Ready to race!
Several people at told me I am being stupid and I should just buy a MK7 R but honestly I don't feel that way. They have made me question myself on the situation but honestly I don't think the MK7 R will compare to the swap that HPA can do. Along with the fact I have yet to see a big turbo MK7 R let alone have any clue the issues that could come from it.

I could buy a very nice new/used high end sports car for what it will cost to do the MK6 R. Hell could buy a R8 more than likely for what I will have in it with cost of car. Though it won't be one of a kind and that is what I am looking for. Plus I love pulling up next to high end cars in my stage 3 GTI or our stage 2 R the look on their faces is always priceless (once I actually hook up in 3rd gear).

zrickety

The Fixer
I think you'll be surprised at the price HPA gives you. Post pics if you go through with it.

wolverines_fan83

Ready to race!
I also vote for the VR6 swap in the MK6 R. I honestly like the styling of the MK6 over the MK7. Also consider me another +1 for the build thread.

Last edited:

boost pls

Passed Driver's Ed
I guess I'll add another vote for the Mk6/VR6 option. Clearly there a lot of Mk6 R owners who consider this to be the holy grail build for this platform, myself included. The Mk 6 styling is superior IMO, and the VR6 is one of the most cool and unique engines out there.

To switch to a Mk 7 and go stage 3 would result in a much less unique final product.

Mindfields

Ready to race!
I'm actually curious how long it will take to make a stg3 for the mk7, it seems to be an R&D nightmare, I'm going to stg3 the mk6 and call it quits for the car <-- haha, I don't know if I know that "Q" word, lol

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
The HPA 3.6 build for your MK6 R would give you the most unique end product and displacement will ultimately be king over a MK7 build in my opinion when it comes to dialing in the power...... and no matter what you do to the 2.0T motor it will never have the sweet sound of a built bi-turbo 3.6. Oh I hope you do this.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
The HPA 3.6 build for your MK6 R would give you the most unique end product and displacement will ultimately be king over a MK7 build in my opinion when it comes to dialing in the power...... and no matter what you do to the 2.0T motor it will never have the sweet sound of a built bi-turbo 3.6. Oh I hope you do this.

:word:

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
The Golf R is the platform I want to use it's really a debate of new vs old. Though a fully built HPA car might be better than something new in the end.Also the fact that the stage 3 GTI has become boring to me tells me I better come close to doubling the power so I can be happy with it long term

Ding Ding Ding!