GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

18x9.5 ET35 or ET25 Fitment ?

df2k14

I am wondering if it is possible to run 18x9.5 et25 or et35 square on coilovers. Is anyone running this now that has pictures and could be of help?
Thanks

Last edited:

Double's Dub

Ready to race!
Good lawd thats aggressive... I would say, short of doing a Rauh-Welt'esque body conversion on your car or running Delorean time-machine camber, its going to be rough.

Good luck :thumbup:

df2k14

Good lawd thats aggressive... I would say, short of doing a Rauh-Welt'esque body conversion on your car or running Delorean time-machine camber, its going to be rough.

Good luck :thumbup:

So it's basically impossible :laugh: great. I saw the one guy in the U.K. Claimed his was 18x9.5 et30 square, thought it might be possible if he did it

Double's Dub

Ready to race!
No, not saying it's impossible, just saying its going to be a challenge. Perhaps some other guys running a similar setup can chime in.

To give you some perspective though, i have a second set of VMR's in 19x9.5 with an offset of 45 and them things were about 1/4" from the strut and poked quite a bit. You can see my suspension setup in my sig so i'm not lowered a whole lot nor do i have an aggressive camber on the front (currently -1.5 for track/street)

TimS

Go Kart Newbie
They won't fit without rolling and/or pulling the fenders. I get a lot of rubbing over bumps with ET38s.

asc629

18.x9.5 +35 square. -6 camber

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHABAZZ X

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm also looking to run 18x9.5 +35. I recently purchased my MK6 R used and it has Coilovers, though I'm not sure the exact brand or whether or not they're adjustable (haven't had a chance to fully investigate). The drop seems to be about 2 inches lower than stock maybe a bit less. My question is, how can I run these wheels with minimal stretch/camber so I can still enjoy spirited mountain driving? I love the wheels but I also don't want to sacrifice performance by running absurd camber to avoid rub. I'm honestly fine with up to 1/2 inch of poke and I'm willing to roll the fenders and maybe do a slight pull. What (if anything) else would I need to do to fit these wheels and still be able to attack the corners?