GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R20 Revealed!!!

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Hi Everyone!

I am new to the world of golf and facing the same dilemma - wait for the R20 or go the GTI. I had the pleasure of throwing this GTI around a race track in Melbourne, Australia last week as part of a VW Driving Academy Day. The VW people were eager to show us the power and handling of the car, and in particular how the XDL on the front wheels enable the GTI to handle corners.
The instructors - all incredible and accomplished race car drivers - guided us as we drove our own hot laps around Calder raceway and then drove the GTIs themselves with us as the passengers. They absolutely belted the GTIs around the track and I had the most fun for a long time.
Having driven a turbo diesel 4WD for many years and suddenly driving this little legend of a vehicle, I can see why these Golfs have such a cult following. The VW people were obviously not giving much away about the R20 but from what I ascertained, they could be released anytime after May 2010 in Aus. There are people who have already placed orders with dealers and do not even have any idea of price - they just want to be the first to have them. This is purely speculative, but from what I have heard the starting price could be in the high 50Ks.
After experiencing the great handling of this new GTI I can only imagine what the AWD R20 will do (would love a Crystal Ball right now!).
If I find out anything more that may be factual rather than speculative I will certainly pass it on. Thanks for reading.
50k in Aus or the U.S.?

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.