GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

jordy6

Passed Driver's Ed
I just got my new wheels and they poke a tiny bit in the front, just a few mm but for car inspection it can't poke out the fender at all (it might pass the way it is but i want to be sure and not having to go twice). Is it safe to just give the fender a good pull so they are a bit wider or does that mess up the paint?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I just got my new wheels and they poke a tiny bit in the front, just a few mm but for car inspection it can't poke out the fender at all (it might pass the way it is but i want to be sure and not having to go twice). Is it safe to just give the fender a good pull so they are a bit wider or does that mess up the paint?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pics?

depending on hwere, id say you'd be ok. be conservative with your rolling. should not mess up the paint, just hit the fender with a hair dryer or paint gun to warm up the metal first. do your homework if you're doing it yourself or get a shop to do it for you.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Anybody know a good place to get a cheap driver side window switch for a 2 door gti? My auto roll down isn't working on the passenger side, I'm assuming it's from water damage.

Don't really want to pay $100 for a switch though.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Anybody know a good place to get a cheap driver side window switch for a 2 door gti? My auto roll down isn't working on the passenger side, I'm assuming it's from water damage.

Ecs or maybe rock auto would be your best bets

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Ecs or maybe rock auto would be your best bets

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

ECS was the first placed I looked. An OEM switch is $100. The aftermarket ones are as low as $16 on ECS, but they don't have the chrome trim.

I found one on aliexpress for about $14 though. I don't think it's OEM, but at least it looks OEM.

CMGTI

Ready to race!
Found some on ebay from time to time. My switch has the same problem too, but on the driver side.

Doclively79

Passed Driver's Ed

This seems to be a common thing. My 08 and 12 both had the same issues....Oh and Amazon usually sells them for between $12-20 shipped.

Doclively79

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone know what the part numbers on the shocks for these Hatch pop mod kits are? Im sure you can just buy them yourself and save some money.....

Phur

Autocross Champion
Anyone know what the part numbers on the shocks for these Hatch pop mod kits are? Im sure you can just buy them yourself and save some money.....

ECS has them on sale for $64 right now. It looks like they aren't oem, but made in house instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
ECS has them on sale for $64 right now. It looks like they aren't oem, but made in house instead.

Im sure if you trial and error at local autozone/similar you can find one of the proper length and strength to suit you needs.

webbry4

Ready to race!
So I have been having some problems since I got my Stage 2 Tune. Around 2-4k rpm and most noticeable in 2nd and 3rd gear at around 50-60% throttle I get surging noises. I have integrated engineering tune, intake, and their downpipe. I spoke with them over the phone and I'm scheduled to bring it in. Any suggestions on what to look for or say so I don't get screwed by them or tell me its normal.

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
So I have been having some problems since I got my Stage 2 Tune. Around 2-4k rpm and most noticeable in 2nd and 3rd gear at around 50-60% throttle I get surging noises. I have integrated engineering tune, intake, and their downpipe. I spoke with them over the phone and I'm scheduled to bring it in. Any suggestions on what to look for or say so I don't get screwed by them or tell me its normal.

Does your boost circulate up and down when it surges? Did you upgrade your coil packs?

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
I use to have the same issue after a while but it was with another tune. What I learned/figured out is that when your car starts acting up and surging you just have to reset/clear the codes with the obd II scanner even if you don't have any codes. It's like a way of "resetting" the ecu sort of speak and it should return your car back to normal levels. That's in case it's not a coil pack issue or something else. You're car should run full power and boost without surging afterwards and you'll be happy lol that's probably what I.e. Is going to do anyways, they're probably just going to reflash your ecu but you could just erase the codes with a scanner and it should be fine