GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK6 GTI k04 vs golf R???

fkshtup

Ready to race!
Post the link I would love to see this.

Just go to YouTube and type in mk6 gti ko4 and youll see a baby blue mustang on the cover of the video. Its a great race

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
i have a video 2 videos for comparison...

stage 1 gti DSG (actually only 245 hp youd have more power with unitornic/apr even without intake) vs stock golf R DSG

and

skip to 53 seconds for 2 races vs mk5 r32. 2 races, gti wins with stage 1

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Post the link I would love to see this.

It's not that hard to believe. I took out a 5.0 in its prime habitat (the drag strip), and I was on 93 octane and all-seasons.

I've never ran a stage 2+ R. I would think they would be pretty close in terms of power output, and at this point I would take the slightly less power of the R for traction all the time.

heftysmurf

Ready to race!
It's not that hard to believe. I took out a 5.0 in its prime habitat (the drag strip), and I was on 93 octane and all-seasons.

I've never ran a stage 2+ R. I would think they would be pretty close in terms of power output, and at this point I would take the slightly less power of the R for traction all the time.
Oh I believe it just haven't really seen any in person.

We went to the track the other night and I drove my friend's bone stock stang and was ripping 12.8x @ 110 all night pretty much with 2.0 60'.

07STitoR

Ready to race!
You have no clue lol. Find a stage 2+ R that will even compare to my 1/4 mile times, let alone what a k04 Gti can do. Joe nobody can consistanly run 12.5s all day in a k04 Gti...I run 13.3 at 107.5 on a stock clutch full wieght on all seasons stage 2 and I don't even have a full cat back, just muffler delete. No R has ever came close stock turbo. Comparing apples to oranges the Gti wins in a straight line no matter what k04 to k04...any stage for stage for that matter. The R is only faster stock for stock

If you're talking about times I ran a 13.5 @ 103.3 when I was stage 1+ with my R. I'm now stage 2+ with RFD without an upgraded intercooler and it feels like I can trap 108mph. So Tsi vs Fsi with the same mods should be a good race. Assuming dsg vs dsg and 6mt vs 6mt.

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
^
And you need to remove that Haldex too to much it equivalent, else the R has a massive disadvantage in weight and diff losses.

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI

Oh trust me, it's not slight at all. :yikes:

I should race my friend again and upload it, but he doesn't seem interested anymore lol