GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

K04 - drive ability around town?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Add a TOP for the turbo to kick in a few hundred RPM's earlier ;)

ina12K04gti

Ready to race!
It is my opinion that one can never have too much power. Yesterday was the first time I felt that my K04 GTI is too slow. I got dusted several times by a Cadillac CTV. In the next few months I will decide weather to throw any more money at my car and buy a gtx kit or just buy a bigger faster car. I guess it comes down to what you want and where you are in life. I am at the point that just once I would like to have one stupid fast car. As far as drivability, I have had plenty of fun driving my K04 car and really don't have any issues with around town drivability. I'm still on the old v2.0 file also.

mdhollis

Go Kart Champion
I have a gt3071 and I think it's fun as hell around town lol. Same with my K04 when I had it, the K04 spools quick as hell

NeoSA1

Ready to race!
I think, after reading all these comments, that K04 will definitely suite me well. I believe it's possible to enjoy all the power without doing stupid speeds the whole time. My best bit is being in 3rd gear or in 4th and then pushing the pedal down and getting pushed into the seat whilst the car starts screaming.

Again, all of the fun can be had well below 200km/h. Although the ONE thing that is consistent from everyone is that you simply cannot punch the car whilst in 1st, 2nd and even 3rd gear. But that's no different to my stage 2 really. 1st and 2nd gear are basically pointless already.

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
and knowing that you are faster than most the cars out there is nice. civic si, tiburon,veloster,stock subaru's,slowbalt ss,328i,and prius beware!!! i make sure i boost really loud or get wheel spin while passing a prius. makes my day.

NeoSA1

Ready to race!
and knowing that you are faster than most the cars out there is nice. civic si, tiburon,veloster,stock subaru's,slowbalt ss,328i,and prius beware!!! i make sure i boost really loud or get wheel spin while passing a prius. makes my day.

LMAO - that reminds me of those speakers you got some time back that you put in your car that worked off the vacuum in a NA engine to create a fake "blow off" sound. lol

I agree, it's awesome knowing that you're faster than some really big cars. And just because you are, it doesn't mean that you have to go prove it every time.

Has anyone run into serious reliability problems on their engines / DSG boxes due to their K04 upgrades? Excluding people who tried idiotic boost levels, of course.