GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG behaviour

beebone

Hi all, just get my R for a week, and I search for some R info.
Mine is EU spec with DSG, I've found out that the idle rev up to 1100rpm in manual and sport mode. I know some review said so, this is not a problem.
Interesting is, when in manual model, the idle rev up to 1100 rpm, the idle will drop to normal when I play with shifter up or down, when release the shifter to middle position, the idle rev up again. Did anyone notice that? is it normal?

golfRchef

hi there i got my R last week too EU spec and dsg

i dont understand your question...

i notice when i have it in D the idle rev is around 1000 rpm but when i shift it into S or to the left on sports manual the idle rev goes upto to 1100 rpm

is that what your talking about...?

beebone

hi there i got my R last week too EU spec and dsg

i dont understand your question...

i notice when i have it in D the idle rev is around 1000 rpm but when i shift it into S or to the left on sports manual the idle rev goes upto to 1100 rpm

is that what your talking about...?

Yes. You can try also, shift the shifter to +/-, the idle raises like S mode? Hold up or down shift the idle will drop to normal, interesting.

drphil

Yes it's programmed to do that. As well as launch control. D mode is meant for fuel economy. Manual mode treats the system as if it's a manual and S holds gears for a along as the rpm is optimal for the traction.

nakenyon

Go Kart Champion
Yes it's programmed to do that. As well as launch control. D mode is meant for fuel economy. Manual mode treats the system as if it's a manual and S holds gears for a along as the rpm is optimal for the traction.

This seems about right. Sport and manual are definitely designed to have a different behavior from normal D.