GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Quick question about a gtx28

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
Yea your "buddy" is trying to recoup money by selling you his old turbo and making it your problem.

You should be able to piece your own kit together for roughly the same price maybe slightly more than what it would for this used turbo and all additional hardware needed.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
how much is he selling you the turbo for?

nygti3491

Ready to race!
So I can get the turbo for 450, exhaust manifold for 500, BT unitronic tune 950, motor mounts and intercooler 1000 plus intake and stuff probably cost me around 3500. Ko4 would cost me 2500 though unitronic. I'm not worried about labor since I can probably install this by myself. I did install my clutch. Does my pricing seem about right?

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
So I can get the turbo for 450, exhaust manifold for 500, BT unitronic tune 950, motor mounts and intercooler 1000 plus intake and stuff probably cost me around 3500. Ko4 would cost me 2500 though unitronic. I'm not worried about labor since I can probably install this by myself. I did install my clutch. Does my pricing seem about right?

don't forget oil and coolant lines, outlet pipe, and downpipe

nygti3491

Ready to race!
Okay so it's probably going to be more then 3500 after the downpipe and everything and it's my buddies his parents are rich and bought a whole new turbo kit with rods and piston. Also it's actually just a gt28 not the gtx28 like a originally said. You guys think it would still be worth it? If not anyone want to buy it?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Okay so it's probably going to be more then 3500 after the downpipe and everything and it's my buddies his parents are rich and bought a whole new turbo kit with rods and piston. Also it's actually just a gt28 not the gtx28 like a originally said. You guys think it would still be worth it? If not anyone want to buy it?

I dont think a regular gt28 is worth it.

For the 4k youll spend on it you could build your own brand new big turbo kit from CTS with everything but the tune.

http://www.ctsturbo.com/cart/products/CTS_TURBO_MK6_2_0_TSI_TURBO_KIT-3347-1.html

Last edited: