GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What do you guys think?

Dub_Polo

Ready to race!
A couple of my buddies are into cars and always talk about racing. I barely ever race because the fine and license being suspended (in PA) doesn't seem too appealing. My friends always talk about how their cars would walk mine. One drives a 2016 Honda Accord Sport with a CBE and the other has a 2008 Infiniti g35x sedan bone stock and both are auto. What do you guys think the outcome would be if we ever did race?

steemax

Go Kart Champion
Nope I don't have a tune.

The Accord sport is a 4cyl if im not mistaken which you'll run all over, not even walk. The G35 is too close to call. I'm not very sure.

Dub_Polo

Ready to race!
The Accord sport is a 4cyl if im not mistaken which you'll run all over, not even walk. The G35 is too close to call. I'm not very sure.

That's exactly what I was saying but the g35x likes to keep talking ?

Dub_Polo

Ready to race!
G35 sedan plus auto, I think you take him easily up to 70MPH esp since you are DSG. Don't try anywhere north of 70 tho.

I think he's 600-700 pounds heavier then me

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
The v6 Accord Sport is pretty fast, but I think the new 4cyl is much slower, and a bit heavier, so I'd say your friend is smoking crack. Take it to the track if you are not comfortable racing on the streets.

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
V6 accord sport can hang with stage 2 gti's

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
I'd say they'll both walk you as you sit currently. Tune your car then let them shit talk. lol

Dub_Polo

Ready to race!
I'd say they'll both walk you as you sit currently. Tune your car then let them shit talk. lol

I get the G35x walking me but the accord too?

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
The G35x will definitely have you beat. They're quick but not as quick as I thought due being heavy and losing some power in the 4wd drivetrain. I trust Car & Driver for real world numbers and here's what they have to say about a 2007 G35x (SOURCE):
Car & Driver said:
Our G35x tester, burdened with AWD and a five-speed automatic, blitzed to 60 in 5.4 seconds and the quarter-mile in 14.1 at 100 mph.

In contrast, I believe all the newer Accord Sport's are 4cylinder and you will easily beat one stock. I'm also pretty sure the auto tranny's are CVT so they are a joke. From Car & Driver, albeit they tested a manual (SOURCE):
Car & Driver said:
Acceleration is seamless if not exactly quick, with the zero-to-60-mph dash consuming a full 7.0 seconds and the quarter-mile run requiring 15.5 seconds with the Sport clearing the traps at 92 mph.

For reference, here's what C&D has to say about a 2010 GTI DSG 3dr (SOURCE):
Car & Driver said:
Our Tornado Red GTI sped from 0 to 60 mph in 6.1 seconds and hit 100 mph exactly 10 seconds later; the quarter-mile was covered in 14.7 seconds at 96 mph.

If you're worried about what your friends say you should probably just get tuned. You won't regret it :D