GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf GTI 35 Edition

Golf GTI 35 Girl

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi everyone - my name is Golda. Just signed for my first ever VW and am so excited that my timing and the moon and planets and whatever else aligned so that I was able to secure one of only 14 Golf GTI 35 Editions to be released in Western Australia. Will take delivery in approx 4 weeks. Pretty excited!

Anyone else have one on order?

Golf Punk

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi everyone - my name is Golda. Just signed for my first ever VW and am so excited that my timing and the moon and planets and whatever else aligned so that I was able to secure one of only 14 Golf GTI 35 Editions to be released in Western Australia. Will take delivery in approx 4 weeks. Pretty excited!

Anyone else have one on order?

Hey Golda,

Just wondering if you have a delivery date yet for your ED35? My dealer is being somewhat evasive on supplying me with a date for mine and it's making me a bit nervous. I figure ours surely have to be arriving together and on the same ship so if you have any info I'd love to hear! Don't know about you but i'm betting very antsy!!:D

Cheers,
Matt

Golf GTI 35 Girl

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey Golda,

Just wondering if you have a delivery date yet for your ED35? My dealer is being somewhat evasive on supplying me with a date for mine and it's making me a bit nervous. I figure ours surely have to be arriving together and on the same ship so if you have any info I'd love to hear! Don't know about you but i'm betting very antsy!!:D

Cheers,
Matt

Hey Matt,

I called them last week and was told it will be this week. They have promised to call as soon as it arrives so that I can come down and have a look. I'm having 2 dealer fitted accessories put in (Bluetooth & media input) so that will take a couple of days I'm guessing.

BUT my biggest concern right now is selling my Ralliart. I can't pick the GTI up until I've sold this one as it's still under finance and the dealer insulted me with what they offered for a trade in. Don't know if you've got any contacts or groups that may have someone interested but I've pasted the link below with the details. I've got til the 25th to sell it...

Will let you know as soon as I'm told it's here! :)

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=11279278

Golf Punk

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey Golda,

Sorry I can't help you with the sale of your Lancer, hope you find a buyer ASAP.

I got a call from my dealer today saying that my car was being delivered to them this Friday! I was planning to go there for a valuation on my current GTI anyway so I'll definitely be giving the ED35 a thorough going over while I'm there and hopefully take some pics too.

Luckily for me I'm trading my MKV on the ED35 so I don't have the stress of a private sale. I guess that's the beauty of the GTI resale, it gives you a certain amount of confidence come end of lease/trade time. As far as options go, I'll have a look at the list and prices on Friday too and see what appeals.

Good luck with yours, keep me posted.

Cheers,
Matt

Duster

Passed Driver's Ed
?... I'm having 2 dealer fitted accessories put in (Bluetooth & media input) so that will take a couple of days I'm
my understanding was that BT and the Media thing were now standard on MY12 cars which I'm pretty sure the ED35s are. As such I wouldn't expect them to cause any delays or ..... Be added to your purchase price!

My dealer checked last Friday and my car was on the ground and ready for delivery....only holdup being waiting for VW Aust. to have an official PR launch....feeling frustrated

Duster

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey Golda,

Luckily for me I'm trading my MKV on the ED35 so I don't have the stress of a private sale. I guess that's the beauty of the GTI resale, it gives you a certain amount of confidence come end of lease/trade time. As far as options go, I'll have a look at the list and prices on Friday too and see what appeals.

Good luck with yours, keep me posted.

Cheers,
Matt
Hey Matt....which dealer are you going through? Thx

Golf Punk

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey Matt....which dealer are you going through? Thx

Mate, I've gone thru Nepean Motors at Penrith even though I live a fair way from there. I was desperate to secure a candy white DSG with nonoptions and the salesman there went thru the VW Australia stock controller to get me one. He called me yesterday and said they would be receiving the car this Friday so I'm guessing I'll get it next week.

That's good news on the BT and media thingy, I hope you're right. Ives so heard the ED35 comes with tinted glass so hopefully another saving. What have you ordered and what dealer?

Cheers,
Matt

Golf GTI 35 Girl

Passed Driver's Ed
my understanding was that BT and the Media thing were now standard on MY12 cars which I'm pretty sure the ED35s are. As such I wouldn't expect them to cause any delays or ..... Be added to your purchase price!

My dealer checked last Friday and my car was on the ground and ready for delivery....only holdup being waiting for VW Aust. to have an official PR launch....feeling frustrated

Well that's interesting because they added the costs of both to my contract - $465 for MDI & $730 for Bluetooth bringing the total purchase price to $49831 (mine is cheaper than most of the others because it's not DSG and doesn't have the leather seats - both of which I would have chosen if available).

But you know what? If what you say is true that wouldn't surprise me at all -
unfortunately I don't have a high opinion at all of my dealer - they are clueless
about this car. They didn't even know about the GTI 35 until I told them after seeing it on the net - and THEN I was patronized with 'oh you really shouldn't
go with what you see on the net'. The older sales guy was also very dismissive when I originally enquired about the R (which they didn't have for me to test drive). I bought my husband with me to see it and the guy spoke to him not me and then the next day kept making references to what he thought my husband said.

I ended up telling them I was offended by their dismissive attitude toward my wanting a performance car (despite already owning one) - that this was my 4th new vehicle purchase in 10 years and I was ready to walk.

Duster

Passed Driver's Ed
Well that's interesting because they added the costs of both to my contract - $465 for MDI & $730 for Bluetooth bringing the total purchase price to $49831 (mine is cheaper than most of the others because it's not DSG and doesn't have the leather seats - both of which I would have chosen if available).
Just spoke to my dealer again in Brookvale Sydney. BT and MDI are standard features. You do not have to pay for them as all the ED35 at MY12 vehicles.

I also took a look on redbook and they list BT as standard - click here http://bit.ly/pBhXsE .

I bought CW - Sunroof - Leather - Nav - DSG.