GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Installing Helix Amplifier difficulty?

Hello all,

I would like to install HELIX P SIX DSP MK2 amplifier for my Gti mk6, the dealer in Hong Kong is charging a ridiculous price. That's why I would like to order from Crutchfield and install myself.

My friend and I will be doing the DIY together, however this looks like a complicated unit and I am not sure if we could handle it. So here are my 2 questions:

1) My friend has done a lot of DIY for his car, so just consider the hardware installation, does this unit differs from other amplifier?

2) I will be focusing on the software setup, any tips when tuning the DSP?

Cheeres,

Leo

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
why on Earth would anyone spend $1200+ on an amplifier?? If you shop around, you can get an entire sound system for less than that. As for installation, it's not that difficult. Don't make it harder than it really is.

why on Earth would anyone spend $1200+ on an amplifier?? If you shop around, you can get an entire sound system for less than that. As for installation, it's not that difficult. Don't make it harder than it really is.

I spent a few years in HIFI industry and the amplifier is an important unit in the whole system. I got a change to listen to a Helix product and I am really impressed.

But on second thought, I might go with JL Audio which seems to be cheaper.

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
I spent a few years in HIFI industry and the amplifier is an important unit in the whole system. I got a change to listen to a Helix product and I am really impressed.

But on second thought, I might go with JL Audio which seems to be cheaper.

I can't justify spending that much on a amp/signal processor. If you are impressed with that setup, you need to listen to others. I've been around car audio since the early 90s and heard countless setups from SPL challenge vehicles to SQ cars. You will be amazed what a custom setup some people come up with.