GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My .:R Journal

Mindfields

Ready to race!
My 2012 .:R arrived yesterday ! :happyanim: Decided to start a journal as I mod it ! :thumbup:

... I had a black 2010 GTI previously and got her APR stage 2+, BSH Race Intake, APR Intercooler, SPM Downpipe ! - loved this set up ! :D Also she was running lower with Eibach Sportlines on Koni "yellows", wearing Enkei Fujin 17" wrapped with Hankook Ventus V12's :burnrubber: ...

Then I stumbled across this .:R ...

2012 with 9,500mi ... previous owner was into modding ! Bought her with APR Stage 1, VWR Intake, VW Motorsport 18's ! :thanks:

So the GTI went back to stock for a trade and now I am a proud .:R owner !

MODS TO-DATE :

APR 2+
Neuspeed CAI
Neuspeed TB Pipe
APR FMIC
APR RFD
SPM DP (shitty DP mount broke, it was stupid R&D to stamp their name there)
19" Neuspeed RSe14 black (two powder coated black by Allcoat in Kingman, looks better than the two black ones I bought new!)
Hankook Ventus V12
Diesel Geek SS
Racesegg Slammer Shift knob (hottest thing I have ever touched)
p3cars
Cool etektuning.com stickers (adds lots of HP!, just ask Leo)
Painted emblems (adds street cred, ask all of the ricers in town)

Last edited:

Mindfields

Ready to race!
First off I'd like to go over my impressions thus far. The .:R is fast and powerful !, the GTI was a DSG so I was quicker from the line, but I feel that this .:R would have eaten my last set up !

I do miss paddle shifting and I need to get more practice at real manual shifting. Even though I live in the desert and hated all the dust on my black car, I think I like the black over the white.

I really love the looks of the .:R over the GTI. Washed her yesterday and drying the bumper was a cinch ! I really hated cleaning the honeycomb grill !

The interior of the .:R has its goods and bads, I love the seats ! They feel lot more supportive (actually harder to get out because they are so bolstered). The navigation is awesome ! Lots better than my RCD 510. I don't know if I'm fond of the blue needles on the cluster, and I really don't like the silver accents to the door panals, I perfered the GTI's.

All in all I love the .:R, going to miss the GTI, but I feel she will be a distant memory soon.

All the mods so far she go pretty damn fast !

Last edited:

Mindfields

Ready to race!
Also when I first got her in, I had swapped out the p3cars interface ... looks great in the .:R ... I really need to work on my 0-60 times ... my last setup in the GTI rocked this !

Last edited:

Mindfields

Ready to race!
Putting some old conti's on my 17" Enkei Fujins right now, I want to see how they look on my .:R stock height, I think I'm going to like black wheels on the CW

Mindfields

Ready to race!
Fujins went on and damn that's a tight squeeze between my calipers and my wheel weight ! About a women's pubic hair of a space (dunno if the mods will ban me if I use the other word)

Got dooped on shitty powdercoat job ... the guy covered it up with paint !

Well this is how it looks today :yikes:

Last edited:

Mindfields

Ready to race!
Pic of the engine bay, I missed the cover on my GTI ... going to wait to get her a cover later. Only mods I like to do at this moment is to make her lighter / faster !

How the engine bay looks now with a cover !

Last edited: